Weapons Help.

admiralty

I need help, if possible.

i was hoping (for my OWN use, not community (unless requested and i have approval from both of the mod creaters, LOL)) to combine Snowfella's Magpul Masada mod's MEUSOC gun with Brettzies' 2.05 weapons mod. the mods' title is 'admiralty_weapons_mods', for more info. i literally put all of the folders from Brettzies' mod in then the files (and folders in some cases) from Snowfella's mod for the meusoc gun.

i had added files and folders from Magpul Masada mod folder (lib, objects,strings,textures,unit) (relating to the aforementioned gun), and i have altered the following, as needed (or so i thought, LOL):

admiralty_weapons_mods\lib\managers\xml: weapon_data .xml (it has additional text):

(<weapon_data unit="meusoc" name="meusoc" weapon_id="62" inventory_slot="sidearm" inventory_slot_id="4" gui_unit="meusoc" price="15" damage="1.1" selectable_weapon="1" player_weapon="1" grenade="0" cal="45acp" wizby="4">

<bar_stats accuracy="0.24" stability="0.35" weight="1.1" length="80" impact="0.5" slot_weight="1"/>

<stats caliber=".45 ACP" rpm="600" velocity="340 m/s" firemodes="SA" capacity="10" info="info_meusoc" clips="5" max_clips="12"/>

<mods front="true" top="false" bottom="false">

<mod mod_id="6">

</mods>

<bio local="weapon_mk45_bio"/>

</weapon_data>)

admiralty_weapons_mods\objects\weapons: folder meusoc (contains 9 properly-titled files, either .dds or .xml)

admiralty_weapons_mods\strings: inventory & weapons .xmls

(added unaltered) admiralty_weapons_mods\textures\atlas_weapons\meusoc &

(added unaltered) admiralty_weapons_mods\textures\atlas_weapons\3rd_person\meusoc

and

(added unaltered )admiralty_weapons_mods\units\weapons: u_meusoc .xml

i always crash, one way or another, (see the three different errors below for three different trys) when using these two weapons mods together.

here they are:

Fri Sep 25 23:08:40 2009

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: _ammo in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\campaignmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\campaignmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametype.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

Sun Sep 27 13:38:26 2009

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2 (???) : ???

OpenAL32 (???) : ???

??? (???) : ???

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun Sep 27 15:20:44 2009

Unhandled exception - breakpoint

C STACK:

i'm at a loss...i just want it to work!

Snowfella/Brettzies especially would be good in their help.

just tell me and i can go from there, thanks

any help would be very, very helpful. again thanks

P.S.: i'm ADHD so sorry if this is too much info to help me.

Admiralty

[Topic title changed]

Edited by Tinker

• 1 month later...

I combine modes and Magpul masada bretzzies and if they can work. Be careful with the files in weapon_data mainly. The mods should have the correct numbering, to avoid colliding with each other. I could put Masada sights and M203 in M468 and m4a1. meusoc works well. But I knew not edit atlas_wp_select (dds)

*Link To Picture.

*[ Staff Edit: - Please keep pictures to 500 pixels wide] :thumbsup:

Edited by JohnTC02

• 1 month later...

seikeno5 . i have question to you

did you said "combining " is that mean you succed ? that working good?

i want mixture that two mod . based on Brettzies 2.05 and add magpul weapon

but they have so much files in directory . example - XML files

what i need to edit files in there Directory?

how much of them? and where are located it

if you have succed that mixture . plz give me solution or something advice

more likely you have XML File was Edited on this Job

plz upload to me and other Noobs

=PS. IM sorry if is said without manner . im a foreigner and my Foor english;;

• 4 weeks later...

Uh, I managed to combine Brettzies, SnowFella's Magpul Masada (Guns and Acessories), M4 (Acessories only - AN/PEQ-2, M900 and X200) in one. Plus, I managed to enable the G36k, G36c and RPG-7 for selection... Plus i managed to get the AG36 working for the Xm8 compact, G36c, G36k and even the M4/M16. Oh, and the AK-74 is in in it as well. Plus my Ghosts wear Tiger Stripe camo :lol:

Now that i stopped babling about my "mod colection", i would be happy to distribute it - BUT - i need both Brezzties and SnowFella to agree. They will get their "lots of very, very, very sincere thanks" in the credits and it won't conflict in none of their mods, since i managed to get my compilation working in a different folder.

Also important to note that i haven't touched any of the models or textures... All my work was done by messing around with the xml files.

So... Brettzies and SnowFella, can I upload it?

-Corrected spelling mistakes... Guess i need to read more calmly!

Edited by su25rafael

Hey Rafael,

If you want to get a faster reply from them you should try sending them a "personal message" (PM). To do so look at the top of this screen after you have logged in. Look for the icons that say "view new posts".......... Click on "new messages". Inside that menu click on "write new message" (left hand side). Then just send an message to Snowfella and Brettzie.

BTW, it's spelled "Brettzies" and "SnowFella". I hope you get permission because I think this mod would be pretty cool to try. Can't wait to play it.

TAW_Rahnman

Got it... Sending pm's now. I really hope they agree and let me release the compilation. And to complement it, today i got the M4 shotgun working with M1014 anims and buckshot rounds :thumbsup:

The only thing i can't assure is the correct alignment of the ironsights/scopes/red dots/acogs, after all, i play GRAW in the OTS mode, what means the alignment don't do any diference. Like the ACOG on the G36 for example, it won't be aligned in 1st Person, while in 3rd person it doesn't make any diferrence at all.

Oh! And I just remembered, if the compilation gets released, i would like to ask you guys what camo do you prefer... The options are:

Mexican SF Camo ("Desert Triangle Camo")

ACUPAT

Multicam (GRAW 1 style)

Woodland USA

"Brown Camo" (More like "Vertical Desert Tigerstripes")

ACUPAT Woodland (Green Patterns - NOT MARPAT)

Coyote ACUPAT

Brettzies grey ACUPAT - with his permission (More suitable for nighttime ops.)

Brettzies tweaked Multicam - with his permission

Tigerstripes (Woodland Horizontal)

Flecktarn Camo

M90 Camo ("Woodland Triangle Camo")

Brettzies MARPAT Desert - with his permission

Brettzies Desert DPM - with his permission

Brettzies Desert Tri-Color - with his permission

Brettzies Dark Woodland - with his permission

Edited by su25rafael

Multicam 1, others 0.

SnowFella already said that it was ok for me to release the mod. Now i'm waiting a reply from Brettzies.

Snow mentioned the issue with Co-Op/MP. I'll try to find a way to get Masadas + Brettzies + M4 acessories working, but i can't promise anything at the moment. Looks like I'll have to get REALLY creative to do this.

And today I'm also trying to make a SCAR-L CQB version and a SCAR-H Standart Barrel version.:D

Edited by su25rafael

Hey Rafael,

Now that I think about it, I remember Brettzie saying that he put something in the "Read Me" file of his weapons pack which gives permission for anyone to use parts of his mod. All he usually asks is for some credit in your "Read Me" file for your mod (or the equivalent). I would check his read me file and see if he gives permission there as it might save you some time. In my experience Brettzie almost always gets back to me but he can sometimes take a little while. His help is always worth waiting for though (lol). Hope this helps.

Rahn

Just got Brettzies answer, saying that it was OK for me to use his mod. So, first, I'd like to thank you both (Snow and Brettzies) for the colaboration...

Now, it's time for hardwork, since i want to release it before i travel on this friday.

Looks like Multicam will be the Ghosts camo, winning 1x0 ( :lol: ) unless someone likes any other camo.

I'll posting now a complete modification weapons list, for you guys to know whats going to be released:

-M99 Barret:

Standart,

Mods: Scope, Aimpoint, ACOG. Other mods don't stay in the rail, they keep "floating" in the air.

-M14:

Standart, with Brettzies standart mods.

-MSG90:

Standart, w. standart mods. Model is solid, scope not removeable... So no irons/aimpoints.

-M416:

Changed name to HK416, w. Brettzies standart mods, Shortdot, Aimpoint 3x, Reflexsight, RX4 Aimpoint and PEQ

-Rx4:

Standart, w. Brettzies standart mods, Shortdot, Aimpoint 3x, Reflexsight and standart Aimpoint.

-M9 Beretta:

Changed capacity from 16 to 15. Slightly more acurrate.

-Mk45:

Changed damage to considerably high one (.45), but not enough to one-shot/one-kill later oponents.

-MR-C:

Standart, w. Brettzies standart mods and M96 Flashlight.

-Glock 18C:

Changed capacity for 20 rounds (but i supose that 17 would be more realistic, right?). Working in a G17.

-XM8:

Standart, w. Aimpoint 3x, Reflexsight, M96 Flashlight, M203, M900 Flashlight Grip and Tactical Grip (Both these with SCAR anims for the moment).

-XM8 Compact:

Same, but with XM8 Combatsight and AG36 enabled and without the M203.

-MP5SD:

Standart, w. Eotech, ACOG, Reflexsight, Aimpoint 3x.

-MP5A4:

Same

-M1014:

Standart, w. the same acessories as the MP5s. Not working on my PC to test, but because a patching bug :(

-Predator/ZEUS:

Changed name to FGM-172B SRAW-MPV

-SAW:

Changed to 200 Rounds box, w. Aimpoint, Eotech, ACOG, Aimpoint 3x, Reflexsight and Rx4 Aimpoint

-M240:

1 slot heavier.

-MG21E:

1 slot heavier, changed name to HK21E.

-Scar H:

Changed name to SCAR-H CQB, lighter by 2 slots (4 slots), w. Brettzies standart mods, M96 Flashlight, Aimpoint 3x, Reflexsight, Rx4 Aimpoint, Tan Vertical Grip, M900 Flashlight Grip and PEQ.

-Scar L:

Standart, w all SCAR-H acessories.

-Brettzies M4A1:

M416 anims (except GL/Grip), w. Brettzies standart mods, M96 Flashlight, AG36, Aimpoint 3x, Reflexsight, Mk12 Silencer (Just for the looks) and PEQ.

-Brettzies M16A4:

M416 anims (except GL/Grip), w. Brettzies standart mods, M96 Flashlight, AG36, Aimpoint 3x, Reflexsight, PEQ, Shortdot, Scope.

-Mk.12:

Standart, w. Brettzies standart mods, M96 Flashlight, Aimpoint, ACOG, Eotech, Reflexsight, Aimpoint 3x, Shortdot and PEQ.

-Mk.23:

Lowered damage and acurracy to keep it in line w. other pistols.

-M468:

M416 anims (except GL/Grip), w. Brettzies standart mods, M96 Flashlight, AG36, Aimpoint 3x, Reflexsight, PEQ, Shortdot, Scope and M203.

-M4 Benelli Shotgun:

M1014 Anims, 7 pellets shotgun, w. Aimpoint, ACOG, Eotech and M96 Flashlight.

-Sig-552 (primary and secondary)

SCAR L anims, w. Brettzies standart mods, M96 Flashlight, Aimpoint 3x, Reflexsight, PEQ, M900 Flashlight Grip, Front Grip, and Rx4 Aimpoint.

-L85A2:

Standart, w. Brettzies standart mods and M96 Flashlight.

-Mk.18:

M416 anims (except Grip), w. Brettzies standart mods, M96 Flashlight, AG36, Aimpoint 3x, Reflexsight, Mk12 Silencer (Just for the looks), PEQ and ACOG.

-SCAR-H DMR:

Heavier by 1 slot, w. all SCAR-H mods, Shortdot and Scope. GL not selectable (of course).

-Predator/ZEUS 2:

No changes, but I'd really like to make it a AT4-like launcher.

-Masada Carbine:

5 slots, Aimpoint, Eotech, ACOG, Silencer, Front Grip, Tan Front Grip, Reflexsight, Aimpoint 3x, Tan M203, M96 Flashlight, Rx4 Aimpoint, M900 Flashlight Grip, PEQ.

-Masada CQB:

4 slots, Aimpoint, Eotech, ACOG, Silencer, Front Grip, Tan Front Grip, Reflexsight, Aimpoint 3x, Tan M203, M96 Flashlight, Rx4 Aimpoint, M900 Flashlight Grip, PEQ.

-Masada AK

6 slots, Aimpoint, Eotech, ACOG, Silencer, Front Grip, Tan Front Grip, Reflexsight, Aimpoint 3x, Tan M203, M96 Flashlight, Rx4 Aimpoint, M900 Flashlight Grip, PEQ.

-Masada AK CQB:

5 slots, Aimpoint, Eotech, ACOG, Silencer, Front Grip, Tan Front Grip, Reflexsight, Aimpoint 3x, Tan M203, M96 Flashlight, Rx4 Aimpoint, M900 Flashlight Grip, PEQ.

-Masada SPR (Now in 7,62x51)

7 slots, Aimpoint, Eotech, ACOG, Silencer, Front Grip, Tan Front Grip, Reflexsight, Aimpoint 3x, Tan M203, M96 Flashlight, Rx4 Aimpoint, M900 Flashlight Grip, PEQ, Shortdot and Scope.

-MEUSOC:

2 slots, Silencer and X200 Flashlight (unfortunaly the other handguns don't seem to work with the X200)

-G36K:

Standart, with XM8 Anims (same thing actually), w. Aimpoint, Eotech, ACOG, Silencer, Front Grip (SCAR anims) , Reflexsight, Aimpoint 3x, AG36 , M96 Flashlight, Rx4 Aimpoint, M900 Flashlight Grip (SCAR anims) , PEQ and M203.

-G36C:

Same as above, but without M203.

-M32:

12 Rounds + 6 in gun.

-RPG-7:

3 Rockets + 1 in gun, Ironsights and Scope

-Glock 17:

17 Rounds, 1 slot , slightly less acurrate than the new M9, but more acurrate than the standart M9. Silencer can be attached.

-HK417:

20 Rounds, 7 slots, sniper rifle, w. all the M416/HK416 mods + scope.

-XM8 6.8 SPC:

5 slots, less acurrate than standart XM8, 28 rounds, w. all XM8 mods.

-XM8 DMR:

6 slots, more acurrate than standart XM8, 20 rounds, w. all XM8 mods + scope.

G36K, C and RPG-7 now can be chosen by the player.

Unfortunaly no bipod at the moment. Trying to see what i can do.

Masada SPR and HK417 are having a small problem with the magazines. They are out of offset with the gun magwell, so they "appear" outside of it. Aparently, the only way to fix this is to make a new magazine .diesel :(

Uh.... Forget the Scar-L CQB and Scar-H SB... The magazine well on the L version was out of offset for the H, so i didn't look right. The H magwell on the otherway, is simply TOO LARGE for the 556 mag, and it looked awfully strange, so...

Hope I can release it untill friday! :thumbsup:

Also thinking about doing a more varied XM8 choice (6.8 and 7,62)... Now, if someone could do me a XM-8R (the rail-full version that SOCOM was testing) model and textures... It would be just PERFECT!

Or a Beta-C-Mag... Or a G3... Or a FAL... :hehe:

Edited by su25rafael

• 4 weeks later...