Mac GR Patches

SM34

I've got a copy of GR "Game of the Year edition" for the Mac and was wondering if anyone knew of any patches for it. The game version is apparently 1.2 but it appears that it requires patching to 1.3 and 1.4 before the Island Thunder expansion pack can be converted and used from the Windows system. I've trawled the net to see if any such patches exists/existed for the Mac but due to length of time since the game came out they may not be available anymore. I've tried running Island Thunder and Heroes Unleashed and all I get is a white screen!!! :wall:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for being so late (again). Seems like the updates for Mac GR are really well hidden nowadays. I just uploaded them to my FileFront account. Here are the download links:

These are all-in-one patches that will update any version to 1.0.3 - no other updates required.

Thanks Apex, Mac Ghost Recon patch download entry created here.

Thanks, Rocky. But the version info is wrong - the v1.0.3 update for Mac is actually displayed as v1.4 in-game. I know it's confusing - but v1.4 has been updated three times on Mac. So basically, there is 1.4v1.0, 1.4v1.0.1, 1.4v1.0.2, and finally 1.4v1.0.3, which is the latest one.

PS: Don't you just LOVE how I complicate your life, Rocky? :)

Thanks, Rocky. But the version info is wrong - the v1.0.3 update for Mac is actually displayed as v1.4 in-game. I know it's confusing - but v1.4 has been updated three times on Mac. So basically, there is 1.4v1.0, 1.4v1.0.1, 1.4v1.0.2, and finally 1.4v1.0.3, which is the latest one.

Oh, so that's the deal eh? I always wondered why they didn't release a v1.4, but it seems they actually did ...

Yes, and although the versioning may look like utter nonsense at first sight, it does make sense for ported/multi-platform games to actually have two different version numbers. One that reflects the overall version of the game itself (e.g. as compared to the PC version) and one that reflects the version of the port on the specific platform (in this case the Mac).

So while all of the 1.4 versions of Ghost Recon have equal features on both platforms, the additional updates (1.0.1 up to 1.0.3) for Mac introduced many Mac-specific improvements like e.g. built-in GameRanger support.

• 1 year later...

As FileFront keeps arbitrarily erasing files, I have given up on mirroring my files there. Here are new (and hopefully more reliable) download links: