User Benchmarks

Interested to see other`s benchmarks, may be doing an upgrade here soon.

XP SP3

dual core 3.0Ghz

2gb ram

8800GT (512MB)

Resolution is 1280x1024 (I have 19" monitor at present)

medium-high settings

no AA

Benchmark fps 25

Will be trying the 24" @ 1920x1200 in the week.

Let's hope ati and nvidia have arma2 support in there next driver release, because to be honest arma2 is struggling to run decent frame rates even on very high end hardware. The two main graphics vendors driver teams need to get crossfire and sli support for arma2 as well. For me personaly on my quad core and 4870x2 with 4gb ram should be able to get a decent playable frame rate at 1024x768. I even ran 800x600 and i never got 30 fps, arma2 needs a lot of tweaks and patch updates to improve performance from the devs too. For me the real virtual engine has very poor performance on my pc. I set the in-game settings to low at 800x600 and got 23fps in most areas of the single player missions.

dont know how, this might help give ppl some idea:

arma2r.th.jpg its 75 degrees inside the house right now...

XP PRO SP2/ ABIT IP35 Pro v1.1 BIOS v.16beta09/ Intel C2D E8400 Batch Q748A223 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ 4GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 1.80V ver4.1/ Silverstone Zeus ST65ZF/ CM Stacker 830SE/ ZALMAN ZM-F3RL 120mm Red LED/120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Red LED/ Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ eVGA 8800 768 GTX/ Dell UltraSharp 2407FPW-HC

today's nVidia driver updated....haven't seen any update for nHancer (for those who use it)

my benchmark was @ 23

again, its not to show off what I got, but to kinda gauge what to expect from this game.

I got 32 on the benchmark. Mostly high settings except normal for antialiasing and I turned off postprocessing effects. The postprocessing is part of the system that does the motion blur when you move your head. That was just making me dizzy so I turned it off.

I think the head bopping too gives me headache...it confuses the brain...it sees and process the visual effect, but it's not synchronize with the motor signals from the body that its not actually running.

hence if you have a Wii Sport, when the characters head bops around but the body is actually sending motor signals to the brain, you don't get the headache...bcoz its in synch. :thumbsup: