Patch 1.50 Beta released

Pave Low

On Twitter about 4 hours ago:

Having to regenerate md5 files so watch this space for information on Battlefield 2 Update 1.50 TOMORROW!!! 21st April 2009

and here are some previous twitterings:

We hope you guys have broadband because the update is weighing in at 1.16Gb

~

Thats incremental from 1.41. A number of files have been changed that make up bigger files plus the two maps = 1.16 Gb

Battlefield 2 Update 1.50 may not have widescreen support in time for Beta but we'll look into it in time for Final release

some DRM info:

What we are looking at doing for Battlefield is removing the requirement for the DVD to be in the drive during boot up. Whether we can get this going is what we are checking.

It won't limit your installs on other machines or limit how many times you can install though.

1.50 change log:

FEATURES

- Additional support for Windows Vista.

- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.

- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.

- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.

- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".

- Various changes made to prevent cheating.

- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.

**For legal reasons, one item is missing from the change log which will be present in the open beta release**

and you can see details here on the new Operation Blue Pearl map

What we are looking at doing for Battlefield is removing the requirement for the DVD to be in the drive during boot up.

Whether we can get this going is what we are checking.

Well can confirm they did it, it is in fact part of the patch, and that's reason enough to get it :D

you no longer need to go get the DVD from the shelf and put it in the drive each time you went to play

only had a quick couple of games, but the patching went fine and everything is smooth sailing so far, not had a single problem

Well I gave it a little go tonight...first the new map is very tuff for the american cause it is very hard to reached the chinese ground alive but when you get a flag there its fun...I was able to change my resolution to 1680x1050,I can say that it looks awesome now.

The only bug that I found is that I had to tried several time to enter a server like it won't connect...is there a place that I could report that issue?