A great idea for maps

[MAD]Inferno

I would love it if someone preferably from GRIN would make the [Ghost Recon] map Castle Day. I am sure all hardcore GR fans would love it as well. Better yet if we could see a remake of all the GR maps. Wow...

I know from other games such as Battlefield 2 they (EA) released a map from the original BF1942 and everyone still plays it today. Just an idea. Someone want to give it a shot???

I have been wanting Castle Day on every game it seems. My favorite map of all time...

:)

cos its not that easy to knock it out - certainly beyond my level of expertise - best i could do would be to make a stronghold of sorts - with high and low points - an inside and an outside.

but castle day is castle day - you cant just remake it in antoher engine and expect it to be as good or better then the original - it doesnt work like that unfortunately - just treasure the memory.

the best chance is with the Cry Engine - i did a remake for it a long time ago in FarCry and had everything perfectly spaced out but used farcry towers - then a Polishing Weevils modder named PCP told me he could rebuild exact replicas of every tower. and then he showed me the results of one tower - which he knocked up in about a day or less.

He also built exact replicas of the Gas Station buildings on Village.

So if it can be done - they will do it. and the maps - anyone can build.

:)

cos its not that easy to knock it out - certainly beyond my level of expertise - best i could do would be to make a stronghold of sorts - with high and low points - an inside and an outside.

but castle day is castle day - you cant just remake it in antoher engine and expect it to be as good or better then the original - it doesnt work like that unfortunately - just treasure the memory.

the best chance is with the Cry Engine - i did a remake for it a long time ago in FarCry and had everything perfectly spaced out but used farcry towers - then a Polishing Weevils modder named PCP told me he could rebuild exact replicas of every tower. and then he showed me the results of one tower - which he knocked up in about a day or less.

He also built exact replicas of the Gas Station buildings on Village.

So if it can be done - they will do it. and the maps - anyone can build.

I pray GRIN will do us some justice and we will see this map again...

Edited by [MAD]Inferno

I would not hold your breath ;) As Wolfsong posted in another thread Grin were contracted and paid to make GRAW2 for UBIsoft, and well they are bound under contract to suport the game they have not been paid to creat new content. That would involve another contract and another pay chq from UBI. Also the original Castle map was created by REDSTORM, so i dont think Grin would re-do it <_<

And also if i remember the original Castle_map is the only original GR map thats been released as a 3Dmax file :yes::whistle: check your DS disk

Edited by Hammer

• 3 weeks later...