Foreign Canadians

Cpl Ledanek

Foreign Canadians, eh?

"I stepped in a puddle and got a booter while heading to Timmys to get a double double but when I got their I realized I forgot to bring a couple of loonies, later tonight I'll go pick up a two-four of beer and a texas mickey for Friday night's bush party after the social. I might as well it is my last money since I lost my job and I am waiting for pogie to kick in -

I'll just flake out on the chesterfield and keep warm by wearing my toque and watch HNIC, cursing the stinkin' Leafs this Saturday."

I'll translate, if anyone has issues. :D

"I stepped in a puddle, and my shoe filled with water, while I was on my way to the local branch of the national chain of non-gourmet coffee houses. I wanted to get a cup of coffee with two shots of cream, and two sugars, but I realized I had forgotten to bring my cash.

Instead, I'll pick up a box containing 24 bottles of domestic beer, a large bottle of hard liquor, and head to the party in the woods that follows the dance in the civic hall.

I may as well enjoy it, since I just got fired, and it'll take weeks for my unemployment insurance to start sending me cheques.

After that, it's time on the couch, with a warm hat to keep me comfy, and I'll watch the NHL, and insult the Toronto Maple Leafs team, since they are regarded as a popular villain."

There you go. Canadian to Generic English. I'd translate to American English, but I like my vowels where they are, thank you very much. ;)

what? you guys didn't understand that?

I'll admit I haven't used "chesterfield" in conversation for a while, but the others are pretty regular.

Dannik, I didn't know you lived in toronto? or maybe I just never looked. great city eh?

great city eh?

Twelve year resident, and loving it. I'm a bit of a food freak, so I'm living in walking distance to a half dozen really decent butchers, hundreds of small stores with decent produce, and I'm not far away from Kensington. Oh, and Phil's Original Barbecue is just a couple blocks away. :drool:

nice! Kensington is where I spend my weekends usually. It's about a 15 minute walk from my house. Lived here all my life. Currently though I'm at Dalhousie (halifax) for school, so i'm in toronto only for summers. Leaving really made me appreciate all the good things here I took for granted. (like Moonbean, sarah's falafel, good record stores) :thumbsup: