Took five rounds without damage - bug?

I was playing Embassy with 60 tangoes (HX5, Veteran mode) when I leaned out from one of those alleyways between buildings and engaged the enemy. I got shot and tried to retreat but got stuck in one of those nightmarish loops where you get shot over and over and you can't move or do anything.

My friend next to me said I took five rounds. Finally I was able to move and I checked my health...not a scratch!! Are we wearing functional vests in GR? Is this a bug? If we are "packing pounds" I could see taking one maybe two shots without injury but five???

I am using Droopy's Enemy Realism mod but this looping bug has happened to me many times over the years. BTW, I highly recommend that mod. We're getting injured alot more, the enemy is missing alot more (no you can't snipe with an AK at 200 yards thank you!), and it's cutting down on the instant deaths alot. Makes for much more realistic firefights.

Sometimes body armor really does save your life depending on the the caliber of the bullet fired at you and class (support has level 3 body armor).

-Edit

Well, that was in Alpha Squad Mod 2.6 where the body armor worked well, so I am not sure if that applies to GR, HX5, DRM although you still get lucky with the armor sometimes.

Edited by Foxtrot360

I think you have to say I was LUCKY. :D

What's really weird is that I don't get shot once with no wound. If I get shot once, I'll always be wounded. That's why I thought this was some wacked out bug.

In Droopy's general realism mod he pumped up it's power quite a bit.
Actually, I don't think I'm using what you call Droopy's General Realism mod. The mod I use from Droopy is very small and only includes changes to enemy weapons.

It could still change the weapon power, caliber, and whatnot making it give less damage and/or not pierce bodyarmor well. I remember in Centcom someone unloading a whole magazine of MP5 9mm into my chest/torso area but it didnt effect me very much since I had support which had improved body armor plus that the round was 9mm, which doesent have much stopped power when using armor.

Edited by Foxtrot360

Lol I had less luck with the MP5 once............I believe it was a night mission so I was sneakin' behind a bad guy with the MP5SD, aimed and shot a 3 round burst into his back........he screamed but didn't go down so I pulled the trigger one more time but that didn't kill him either, so I went full auto and emptied my mag into him but he was still standing there! While reloading this son of a ##### turns around and shoots a single round killing me immediately!

:lol:

CC

Edited by CommandoCrazy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...