Questions for 8800 GTX users

GrimeyAK

I'm thinking about selling my 7950GX2 and my current power supply on ebay and getting an 8800GTX and 700W power supply. Before I do so, I'd like to ask a question or two. My biggest worry is how it will fit into my case. How big is the 8800GTX compared to my current 7950GX2? If it helps, I've got an ATX Mid-Tower. Also, is the 8800 compatible with many of the current games? I'd hate to buy it and not be able to play some of my games. Thanks for any help.

P.S. How are the heat levels with this card?

The card works fine on games I play GR1 GRAW,

Note: This card is 275mm in length so make sure it fits in your case! Also the cards require PCI-E x16 slots, they will not function in a x8 slot so for SLi you need dual x16 mainboard. Finally 500W minimum for PSU and 600W+ is recommended.

I think they said the card is 11" long, I think, according the Newegg reviews. You will need a full sized atx case, like a tower case.

This is the case I have(just as a example):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811156148

Well I hope it helps, because in a few months I get my 8800gts.

Death

Hello,

I think they said the card is 11" long, I think, according the Newegg reviews. You will need a full sized atx case, like a tower case.

I have just bought the new lian-li box case (mid-tower, review its dimensions and the hdd box at the pci-e top right area) and the 8800 gtx gets into it.

As Coling said it's sized over 260-275 mm, at least my asus vga.

regards

Hello,

I have just bought the new lian-li box case (mid-tower, review its dimensions and the hdd box at the pci-e top right area) and the 8800 gtx gets into it.

As Coling said it's sized over 260-275 mm, at least my asus vga.

regards

I like those cases, I thought of buying it but this Raidmax I have is decent enough for now. I have still yet to mod it to water cooled like I want to.

Death