CENTCOM SERVERS

jay316

Please see here about Teamspeak when joining +SD missions. We'd prefer to talk to everyone, but it's not absolutely required. Listening in works just we well. :)

http://specialdetachment.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15

For those who don't have it, the download is very lightweight and even works on dial-up connections.

www.goteamspeak.com

• 3 weeks later...

Totally new at multiplayer games but I love GR and have been playing WITH it for years. I have a couple of issues...

1. I can't seem to find any other players on these servers. It says there is 1/16 players on both servers but when I join, that one player (Admin or whatever) dissapears. So yeah, I don't know what's that about.

2. What is the highest PING I can play comfortably with?

3. Is it a problem if I suck at playing GR?

Edited by wlaad

Totally new at multiplayer games but I love GR and have been playing WITH it for years. I have a couple of issues...

1. I can't seem to find any other players on these servers. It says there is 1/16 players on both servers but when I join, that one player (Admin or whatever) dissapears. So yeah, I don't know what's that about.

These are all dedicated servers (computers that do not have anyone sitting in front of them). As such the "server" shows up as a player, but they are not really there. I would suggest you consider using either Xfire or All Seeing Eye to help you find servers.

2. What is the highest PING I can play comfortably with?

Everyone probably has a different opinion about this. You will probably find anything under 200ms playable.

3. Is it a problem if I suck at playing GR?

The only way to get better is to play. We welcome all levels of players at Alpha Squads public server, we do require that people read our server rules and that they have Teamspeak installed so that they can at least hear voice comms with team members. We play coop gametypes and mission exclusively with a focus on beating the mission (not racing for kills etc.). If you are interested visit the Server Rules&Regs to get started, but we are not running CENTCOM.