Noob inc

Hey all.

I've bought GR:AW last week and been going through the SP campaign.

I'm new to this GR and fps thing and never played GR1 (going to though, after reading this forums :rocky: ).

My online gaming experience comes from Everquest where I've played dayly for the last 5 years.

I enjoy GR:AW it would like to try it online, my idea for starters is hosting a game with a couple of friends joining in.

I've read somewhere that we can go through the SP missions online and have AI controlled team mates filling in the available spots. I've checked the manual (if we can call it that) and messed arround in game yesterday and could not find a way to do this.

is this possible? what kind of coop missions can be done in GR:AW? is there a place where i can learn more how to play online?

Thx for help.

Well, as of patch 1.30 (although 1.35 is recommended), you can have another type of coop allowing up to 12 players. The normal coop is under the multiplayer tab, then click start game, and in the drop down menu select Cooperative, then start. The gui is rather easy to use :)

There is INDEED a place to learn. ONLINE. Nothing else you do is gonna prepare you adequately for playing against/alongside other human beings across the planet at once. Like so many other things, you just gotta jump into it.

If you need a place to find help, suggestions or advice, THIS is it. GRnet is your source.

Welcome aboard!

^^^ And THAT is a big part of the reason THIS place is THE source. The game's DEVELOPERS stop-in here. When they're not hard at work on another update, they're in here rather frequently. Getting your questions answered by the guys who MADE the doggone game in the first place is a great feeling, and it pays dividends in the players/modders/admin's it produces.

Like (off-topic, but relevant...) when I attended the transition course to learn to work on the AH-64D in Mesa, AZ. The first several classes to go through that course were taught in Mesa at the factory where Boing makes that helicopter. If we had a question the instructors weren't immediately prepared to answer, then on the next break they just went upstairs one floor and asked the engineers who DESIGNED THE DOGGONE AIRCRAFT. Sometimes the engineers would come downstairs themselves to talk to us about the system in question, how it was designed and why. Later that course moved to Fort Eustis, VA, where it was then taught by 'green suits' 2,000 miles away from Boeing. The difference in the quality of students coming from that course versus the ones who went in Mesa was clear.

And THAT is a potential advantage to you now. Along with the coolest online game fan community the Earth has ever witnessed! Bwahahahahaha.....................

Hey ther dude,

Just letting you know this is the 1st game ive played properly online.

Ive only ever played a few other PC games and im telling u now...IT ROX!

nothing can prepare for the absolute ass handing ur gona get on ur first few weekz but after a while it gets good and you become competitive!

After playing in the BDA server since the beginning I have enjoyed countless hours of fantastic gaming. Multiplayer is fantastic and you meet some really cool people if you have team speak etc..

So jump on in and try it out mate.

Best of luck