Adding in more save points.

Don't worry mate. I tried different interval times but still got same errors. I then tried different events to trigger the save point and that worked and I've got past the section I was stuck on. Mission 04 seems to be more difficult to add saves to then the previous missions.

Hi Rocky et al, coming in late in the day (check my previous post for my brief intro). Being a right old geek and a real novice at this FPS malarky, soon got into this mission modding stuff.

All good and well until I ran into a problem at the end of mission 2 that I'm not sure came from a mission mod or other source. I added a save point right at the end, just after re-supplying from the Black Hawk so I could keep trying different tactics to fire the ZEUS at the tank without being shot by all that ground cover, or worse pummelled by a tank round. Works fine, but once the tank is destroyed, go to get on the heli but I'm stuck outside, furiously pressing X, screaming "I've finished, I've finished, I blown that stupid tank to smithereens, now let me on this dumb helicpopter!". Sad, but true.

It's not a button assignment issue because before the tank is destroyed I can re-supply from the heli by clicking X. Checking the xml file, I can definately see the vehicle assignment change to "extraction" and when I approach I get the prompt to press X to enter, but nothing happens!

Anyone have a similar experiance?

Fortunately the info on mission modding allowed a workaround to, I simply moved the mission end statement forward one objective, with a time delay so all the videos and prompts didn't collide. Destroy the tank :o= - mission complete :D - watch the Black Hawk take off and leave without you :huh: (another will be along in a minute to take you to the next mission, honest :whistle: ).

I want to ask enyone here if you have xml files to all of campaign and if he or she can send me it? Or meaby i can download it somewhere?

Hope nowbody minds a newbie jumping in here to answer, but I think the answer is straight forward (please correct any mis-info).

Apach, you should check out Nemon's Bundle Extractor. You should have a look at all the downloads available here in GR.net, some really useful stuff, but the direct link is here.

Once saved and started, navigate to the bundles folder of your GR:AW installation. There are two files quick.bundle and patch.bundle. Quick has all the xml files, a lots else too. Patch has some extra files, like no-intro version of mission files (for MP servers) and possibly some files that replace those in quick, so best check both. As explained above, any xml found in your levels folder then overrides both of these zipped bundles.

On opening a bundle, you are given a cool little explorer window. You can see all the files in the bundle in the left pane. Selecting an xml file on the left will show the text on the right. You can copy some/all of the text, but the program very helpfully lets you save any file out of the bundle to where-ever you decide as well.

I'm at work just now so can't give the full details of each bundle, but a little exploring will not do any harm :thumbsup:

Oh, and I have no idea why they called it quick... anyone hazard a guess :huh:

Meaby i didnt say correctly for a first time. Sorry ;) I want to know if someone have all single player campaign missions xml files like mission03.xml etc. with extra save points. If yes than somebody can send me those files? If not i am working on mission04.xml right now and I will make extra save points in the rest of campaign missions files. So Rocky [i quess] can upload it on main site download section.

Meaby i didnt say correctly for a first time. Sorry ;) I want to know if someone have all single player campaign missions xml files like mission03.xml etc. with extra save points.

Oops, sorry Apach :( , was trying to help, was bound to get it wrong. I believe people have asked before (can't find the post now though) and it didn't come to anything (unless they got them in a PM). Still someone may have done a set since then who is willing to share.

The set for mission 01 was good, stopped all of us newbies getting too frustrated early on. After that, it may be personal preference where and how many extra save points are needed. Still if you've got a set for 03 and 04, I'll happily test them for you :thumbsup: , see if it helps us get through them quicker :o=

Honestly i didnt make extra save points to mission 01, 02 and 03 because i didnt know if that is possible ;) Mission 03 i downloaded from this forum and now im playing on 4 mission. Enyway, when i finish this mission and add all extra save points to it iwill share xml file. Ofcourse i will make all the rest missions too!

It may be personal preference where and how many extra save points are needed.

When I'm further the game I more and more agree with You. I want to make extra save points for all the game but it s too personal thing. There are so many tactics and every player plays differently. Moreover I am not good in edit this mission files because i don't kniow how to read it ;) I playced save point somewhere in begins of file and I named it "save point 01c" and I saw this save point in end of a mission when normally i had save point number 05 :( Besides if You are good player You dont need extra save points :o=

I playced save point somewhere in begins of file and I named it "save point 01c" and I saw this save point in end of a mission when normally i had save point number 05

LOL, yeh that's the sort of trouble I had, then you start to see a pattern to the code and can guess where it might happen before you place a new safe point.

Rocky it is workable to put extra save points in this game! But it is very long work to find exactly the best place to put save point 03a, 03,b 03c etc. As I said it is very personal thing too.

PS I hope that GRWA2 will have save option ;)