The Order# command

Johnny Hazard

On what objects can you use the Order command, and which actions can be ordered?

For an exampel:

<element type="OrderTank" vehicle_id="tank01" ai="true" order="patrol" start_time="5.0">

<waypoint position="-994 4114 0"/>

<waypoint position="-10951 4101 0"/>

<waypoint position="-10988 5752 0"/>

<waypoint position="-13809 6124 0"/>

<waypoint position="-13895 17096 0"/>

<waypoint position="-15708 17137 0"/>

<waypoint position="-15674 14760 0"/>

<waypoint position="-14044 14783 0"/>

</element>

Will make my tank patrol thru the waypoints. But can this be used for cars, troop, helis? I've tried to make a panhard to patrol but I only get the error message:

data\lib\managers\eventmanager.dsf(-1): cant call this thing (type: <void>)

Could it be that the panhard need a crew to patrol? Tried to use the OrderCar without the ai=true" and instead spawn a dedicated crew, but no luck.

Going to try out the commands on a smaller map, but this testing is so time consuming. Wished there was a complete list for this! *winks at Grin's general direction*.

Kom igen nu Grin-grabbar, förbarma er över oss!! ;) (<-- Prayer in swedish towards the GRIN dudes on this forum)

Edit: Well not so many comments yet. well I've noticed some strange things. I made up a small map with 2 trigger areas, one spawns a Panhard and the other a Stryker. None of them will react to the "OrderCar move" until there is a crew near. So I spawn a panhard_crew and a stryker_crew near them at the same time as the cars spawns.

Now the cars move, BUT the crew is left behind, i.e. 2 soldiers at each spawn is left?! One could think that there are a crew of 4 men but if I spawn just the crews they are only 2 each!

Edited by Johnny Hazard

Ok, more question about crews.

I put in two us_abrahams and spawned to tank crews next to them. The crews designated to the tanks. Only the gunner jumps in and the rest of the crews stays in cover. But the wont return fire (I had a mex tank patroling (abraham set to hostile)).

How do one get the crew to spawn inside the vehcles?

Well I tried another thing, I spawned 2 abrahams (ai). One set to hostile and the other to friendly. Well the "friendly" tank shot at me with it's mg (but no damge) and the hostile shot the other into pieces with its main gun. The firendly tank never used it's main gun. So it's seams to be a dead end.

I had a normal "us_abraham" to spawn but I think I messed up my script after all testing. But shouldn't vehicles crews be spawned the same way as for an example a "MG-trooper" (donno the english name for it)?

Need a break after editing all day ... I will try it again after my break.

Not closer ta an solution yet but in desperation I tried something that realy made me laugh. I dedicated "friendly" and "friendly1" as cres for my two "us_abraham". The result realy made my eyes go wide!

It didn't work as I've hoped - i.e. finding a 2 man crew for my friendly tanks, but sure I got a gunner and a driver of what I could guess.

This "left over" bit for the vehicles or realy anoying, so if anyone know how to do it or knows what I do wrong please tell me!

I've tried with "tank_crew", "us_tank_crew_gunner_group" for the "us_abraham" but all but one gets into the tank, the rest spawns outside.

As I said, I would be thankful for any solution!

• 4 weeks later...

@Johnny Hazard

From looking in some XML mission files I think it should be easy to get the crew to spawn in the vehicle... or the blackhawk crew would have some problems.

Just make sure Vehicle ID (on the vehicle) and Transport ID (on the characters) are exactly the same, and that the Crew box is checked.

Edited by Wolfsong