Restrict individual weapons/attachments?

I figured since the GL can be restricted then why not just a particular weapon or any other individual attachment. For instace if you wanted to have a game of pistols only on small maps you could restrict everything but the 2 pistols. Right now we have only kit restrictions so they would still be able to select the mp5 or lil' m8.

The only problem I could see is for mods that add new weapons, unless the kit restriction worked in a similair way to the [GR] mod activation screen (ie the weapons on the left side are available, where as adding a weapon to the right side would restrict it). I'm not sure I worded that right though :wall:

If you tick all the boxes in kit restriction, you will find that you will have pistols only.

The only weapon that you can't restrict is your pistol.

Didn't know that either. Pistols only on hollow is fun. Till someone go full auto with the Glock. :(

looking at the "FAQ Server Commands" you could find this:

Kit restriction

It possible to disable different weapons with the following commands.

Disable frag grenade

Use: /set_kit_fg <true/false>

Disable grenade launcher

Use: /set_kit_gl <true/false>

Disable smoke grenades

Use: /set_kit_sg <true/false>

Disable heavy weapons

Use: /set_kit_heavy <true/false>

Disable light weapons

Use: /set_kit_light <true/false>

Disable sniper weapon

Use: /set_kit_sniper <true/false>

-Athenian' date='Oct 3 2006, 05:42 AM' post='425983']

What I was asking was for individual weapons and attachements not just the whole kit. For instace if I wanted everybody in the server to only use the SCAR-H with no silencers.

That is a difference with GR1 there vevery modification on the weapon gave a different weapon (MP5, MP5 sd and such) In this game you can add gadgets to your gun (there should be more.... maybe)

Once again I plead GRiN to build a mod-activation screen with in-game functionality (I know that is a hell of a job, yes, but it is gonna make modders and mod-users soooooo Happy!) That really is a feature which at least needs to be build in the first pay-for mappack, added functionality in GRAW so to say. The disconnections from serevers belong to be fixed in a normal free patch (which I hope comes soon, sincve laddering is starting slowly now)

Off topic..... sorry.

I'll try and host hollow snipers only some day, love to see how the BADS guys get along :D

-Athenian' date='Oct 3 2006, 05:42 AM' post='425983']

What I was asking was for individual weapons and attachements not just the whole kit. For instace if I wanted everybody in the server to only use the SCAR-H with no silencers.

That is a difference with GR1 there vevery modification on the weapon gave a different weapon (MP5, MP5 sd and such) In this game you can add gadgets to your gun (there should be more.... maybe)

Once again I plead GRiN to build a mod-activation screen with in-game functionality (I know that is a hell of a job, yes, but it is gonna make modders and mod-users soooooo Happy!) That really is a feature which at least needs to be build in the first pay-for mappack, added functionality in GRAW so to say. The disconnections from serevers belong to be fixed in a normal free patch (which I hope comes soon, sincve laddering is starting slowly now)

Off topic..... sorry.

I'll try and host hollow snipers only some day, love to see how the BADS guys get along :D

In GR1 you didn't have differenet modules like scope and silencer. The gun either had it or it didn't. Only thing you could restrict server side was GL, hand nades, Primary weapon's only, cold war.

I liked [GR] kits. Each gun had different loadouts, so you could not have every toy in the game when choosing a weapon.

Im all for lowering the number of Nade launchers, but not getting rid of them all together. If there was a kit made to where the MRC was the only gun that had it, you would see alot less of them since the firepower of the MRC is lower then most guns. Of course if you choose the MRC with a luncher, you could make it not have the optical sight on the gun, just the mounted sights, this is an example of course.

What Im looking for here is drawbacks. As it is right now, the drawbacks for loading your gun to the max is minimal, and with enough play time, a player can get used to any gun fully loaded.

By drawbacks im looking at certain things, like if you choose to have a silencer on your gun, you get no nades, if you choose nades, you get no silencer, so on and so on.

Choices like that would make squads think before equiping, and would be really nice for matching. Also would be nice if you could limit how many of a certain weapon you could have per team/squad. This way, not everyone equips with a sniper rifle, or nade launcher, and in a sense gives everyone a job.

This might not work for pub servers, as I can hear the crying already how joe bob did not get the gun he wanted. But, it would promote teamwork in matching, and maybe, just maybe in pubs if admins decide to use it.

anyways, just a rant/suggestion.