Beer

Ever since my trip to Philadelphia in 2001 (I posted pics from the party shortly afterwards), I have had a fondness for a particular beer. Yuengling (German for young man and pronounced ying-ling) is the beer that was served up that way. The only problem I have is it isn't available here in Georgia though it is available in areas around me. If you are in any of the states from New York to Florida and even Alabama and you are old enough, you should try this beer, especially the Lager. I may try the Black & Tan (part Porter and part Ale) one of these days.

I have to say this is possibly the best domestically made beer I have ever drank (save for what is made at 5 Seasons Brewing (my brother introduced me to the owner several years ago when he owned a restaurant in Buckhead). He brews some rather strong, old world style beers. I loved the 10% Belgian beer he had a couple of years ago. Right tasty.

You should keep your eyes open for a British brew called Skullsplitter, WK... I had some at a beer festival last summer. Very, very nice. And as for the name, well, it's a 14% ale. Enough said. I'm hoping it'll be at the beer festival again this year too... I need more!

Another good one is Trappist. It's brewed by monks in...... Holland, I think. Or it might be Belgium... But I think it's Dutch.

Edited by Gav80

You should keep your eyes open for a British brew called Skullsplitter, WK... I had some at a beer festival last summer. Very, very nice. And as for the name, well, it's a 14% ale. Enough said. I'm hoping it'll be at the beer festival again this year too... I need more!

Another good one is Trappist. It's brewed by monks in...... Holland, I think. Or it might be Belgium... But I think it's Dutch.

Made by Trappist monks, specifically, and it's Belgium. Trappist is more a type, though, than a brand. There are many brands, of which Chimay is one of the best.

Yuengling rocks! I live in Ohio and can't even get it unless someone goes to PA for a family visit, a steelers game, or such... There's discussions underway to expand it to a larger regional distribution or even national, but right now the brewer is not equipped to expand their operations without licensing to another brewer like Anheiser Bush or Miller to make it regionally and distribute from there.

We can only hope - as it is one of the best tasting micro-brews I've ever had and it tastes equally good on tap too! Alot better than Iron City... blah!

Made by Trappist monks, specifically, and it's Belgium. Trappist is more a type, though, than a brand. There are many brands, of which Chimay is one of the best.

I know Trappist is a type rather than a brand, but I stand corrected on the country of origin - Belgium, not Holland. Lol. I knew it was one of the two. Knowing I lived in Germany at the time and always had it in Holland confused my thinking!

TV, if we're going to get anyone to export anything, can we persuade Bacardi to export Nassau Royale liqueur from The Bahamas...? That stuff is gorgeous.