Noticeable Improvement

Hi,

Ok, so not a cutting edge graphics card, YET!

Not wanting or able, to upgrade my total system right now, I've just replaced the Radeon 9800 Pro with a Radeon X850XT. I'm now getting the flavour of what you guys with high end spec systems are experiencing. I'm still only on 1024 x 768 res and nothing set higher than medium but the game has become slicker (especially mouse aiming) and extra detail makes it much more enjoyable.

Mike.

Also here too with my x800 xt at 1024 x 768 ... I went the next level higher, which was ok except when explosions hit, then it became a little slide show... But at 1024 x 768, it runs wicked smooth...

Edited by Stormin

Hi,

Ok, so not a cutting edge graphics card, YET!

Not wanting or able, to upgrade my total system right now, I've just replaced the Radeon 9800 Pro with a Radeon X850XT. I'm now getting the flavour of what you guys with high end spec systems are experiencing. I'm still only on 1024 x 768 res and nothing set higher than medium but the game has become slicker (especially mouse aiming) and extra detail makes it much more enjoyable.

Mike.

Yes guys the ATI x850 is an excellent CARD and is fairly HIGH SPEC [will have no probs]

my friend has one and I had a 9800XT and was envious of him

to say it was released over a year ago... it does really move... comes high up on GRINS recommended list which is a doc on the RETAIL DVD of GRAW

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2290

i use to be an ex-ati fanboy, and i just recently sold my x1900xtx and bought a 7900gtx, reason: played graw @ freinds house, he has the 7900gtx from evga, and he got about 15-20 more frames than i did with my xtx, i didnt loose any money but to tell u the truth graw seems to be nvidia territory, according to fraps im getting frames in the high 60's with everything cranked max @ 1440x900 (my monitors native res)

sigh, i must retire my sig now

ps; if anyones goin to upgrade get nvidia :o