Explosions

explosion6jn.jpg

They really are amazing. Not just the oil tanker explosion at the end of the demo (which is one of the main reasons I believe this particular level was chosen) either, but all the explosions in game are simply the best I've ever seen. The heat distoration, the debry, the effect on the environment, it's all stunning. Watching enemies ragdoll away in a realistic fashion is even better.

For the people that complain about the lack of immersion, look no further than these awesome effects and what they do to the world around you. Thanks for these, GRIN.

What other aspects, graphically speaking, do you guys like most?

Edited by luger

on the 5th mission in retail, i beleive where you get to command tanks, if you stop them and look across the back of them there is heat distortion coming from the engines vent, thats just amazing!!

Like I said in another thread, you have GOT to make sure you blow up that flatbed truck in the beginning of the demo level. Aim for the gas tanks, you'll know it when you hit it!

When I first did it (on accident) holy cow! Doors and WHEELS flying everywhere. Heat distortion at the top of the flames and smoke, it was one of the most impressive things I've seen in a video game since ragdoll.

I played FEAR and while the explosions were very impressive, GRAW blows them away.

Then again, once I hit an explosive barrell next to a window in slow mo with a guy in front of it. Glass/fire just filled my screen and the guys head came flying towards me, blood spurting out of it.

That game was great.

Edited by luger

i like sending all my guys to the tanker right before i blow it up- they don't fly like the mexicans do, but man do they scream.  :devil:

hehe careful about doing that in the full-retail version of GR:AW...that mission doesn't end with *that* bang ;)