The problem with ADVANCED WARRIOR

I think part of the problem is that the Military is striving to make combat more and more look like a video game.....and video game players...are striving to have their games look more and more realistic.

So when games start coming out set in a "future" time they are trying to incorporate where the TECH is heading....and gamers are wanting it where it it is...ie no red diamonds...even though that is a way the TECH is heading.

then again..I could be wrong.

HACK

Indeed ... the whole art immitates life / life immitates art concept ... next thing you know they'll be secretly tracking your progress on military tactical shooters for recruiting purposes!  :ph34r:

hehehe.... remember the old 80's movie "The Last Starfighter"? Recruitment of humans for intergalactic warfare based on how well they did on an arcade game. :blink:

Indeed ... the whole art immitates life / life immitates art concept ... next thing you know they'll be secretly tracking your progress on military tactical shooters for recruiting purposes!  :ph34r:

hehehe.... remember the old 80's movie "The Last Starfighter"? Recruitment of humans for intergalactic warfare based on how well they did on an arcade game. :blink:

Hahaha yeah right ... I was thinking more of that movie where the NSA (?) was recruiting super agent kids by sneaking in ridiculously difficult math problems in Highlights magazine. I forget the name of the movie though.

[Edit] Ah yes, I remember now ... it was Mercury Rising (1998) with Bruce Willis ... here is a synopsis ...

By a total fluke, an autistic boy has deciphered the National Security Agency's top-secret intelligence code, which has been planted in a word puzzle book. Once discovered, the boy becomes a target for government assassins. Orphaned after the murder of his parents, he's kept under the wing of disillusioned FBI agent, Art Jeffries (Bruce Willis).

Well recently the Tivo people stated the exact number of people who had re wound and re watched and how manh times the janet jackes 'accident' at the super bowl which means they track what you watch. It' only a small step from that to instead of selling your viewing profile to advertisers they sell it to the government who then more effectivly target their recruiting drives based on a psychological profile as to which viewer is more likely to be attracted to which service and how to pitch it to them. I guess i dont blame them. Recruitment is a hard sell like any other product or lifestyle.

On the other things. It's weird but when i play ww2 shooters now i feel a sore lacking in the zoom on sniper guns and long for the GR1 levels of magnification and also guns fireing acuracy.

I guess the Operation Flashpoint/ GR1 level of weapon advancement is about ideal for us online gamers. Lower tech and we feel some limit, higher and we feel it's doing all of it for us.

When you are a kid and you stuggle to get past a point in a game and your friend who has mastered it tries to wrestel the joystick away from you as he offers to do it you just say no and you want to do it your self. Well thats how i feel about all the high tech gizmogery that wants to set up the tracking and aiming etc with a fully HUD enabled GRAW.

I think part of the problem is that the Military is striving to make combat more and more look like a video game.....and video game players...are striving to have their games look more and more realistic.

So when games start coming out set in a "future" time they are trying to incorporate where the TECH is heading....and gamers are wanting it where it it is...ie no red diamonds...even though that is a way the TECH is heading.

I'll say this. If I was in a real combat situation, I would gladly use a heads up display with red diamonds indicating the location of the enemy. :yes:

I'll say this. If I was in a real combat situation, I would gladly use a heads up display with red diamonds indicating the location of the enemy. :yes:

Well, yeah...

And the insurgent "n00bs" would start yelling out, "HaX0r"! And they would be correct.