Installed VBS1

Yodasplat

Howdy-doody folks.

Long time no see.

I finally got off my ###### and installed VBS1 after a few months it's been sitting on my desk doing nothing ( :stupid: ).

Yes you can call me a dummass ... I don't mind. I am too busy to pay attention to what I buy.

Game is installed (ALMOST all of it) but I have a bunch of pbo files that are not installed and I don't really know what to do with.

I really just want to play online with you guys. I don't particularly care about special goodies or funky mods. Whatever i need to get online, is all I care about.

Let's start with a couple of examples: hummer files and fast rope files.

Do I need those? There's no readme file or installation instruction so I am a bit at a loss about what I should do.

Also, I am experiencing a "funky" problem: I installed (among the other 20 things) the USMC mod. Then I tried one of the USMC mission and while the mission played smoothly and I had no sound other than ambient sounds.

I could hear the wind, the rain, far away sounds like roosters, crickets, leaves whistling ... you get the point.

But no gunfire, no voice overs, no steps.

Any idea of what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Hope to be able to see you online someday!

Howdy-doody folks.

Long time no see.

G'Day Mate. Good to see you. How's the flying going?

I finally got off my ###### and installed VBS1 after a few months it's been sitting on my desk doing nothing ( :stupid: ).

Yes you can call me a dummass ... I don't mind. I am too busy to pay attention to what I buy.

Game is installed (ALMOST all of it) but I have a bunch of pbo files that are not installed and I don't really know what to do with.

Nah mate real world can at times take a lot of time up mate. And VBS1 can be a bear to install esp after 12 months of dev time.

I really just want to play online with you guys. I don't particularly care about special goodies or funky mods. Whatever i need to get online, is all I care about.

Let's start with a couple of examples: hummer files and fast rope files.

Do I need those? There's no readme file or installation instruction so I am a bit at a loss about what I should do.

Hummer files. Probably not needed mate. They would be the FK_Hummer.pbo's?

Fastrope.pbo? Put into your vbs1/add on folder. If it's in winzip format that will be the scripts for mission scipting fast rope which u won't need.

Also, I am experiencing a "funky" problem: I installed (among the other 20 things) the USMC mod. Then I tried one of the USMC mission and while the mission played smoothly and I had no sound other than ambient sounds.

I could hear the wind, the rain, far away sounds like roosters, crickets, leaves whistling ... you get the point.

Log into www.vbsresources.com and go to patches and patch to 2.07 version it will self install.

But no gunfire, no voice overs, no steps.

Any idea of what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Hope to be able to see you online someday!

Sounds pretty weird hopefully after 2.07 should sort that out. Add me to ur MSN if u have it mate Will be online US Time this evening basil_2004@hotmail.com

Thanks!

I'll try to install the patch. See what happens.

You guys play online a lot?

PS: flying is going good. Been pretty busy with that lately. About 2/3rds done with my Instrument Rating ... flew yesteray in the clouds for the first time ever. Pretty freaky not to be able to see your own wingtips. I can't believe how thick clouds are. You really can't see squat in them.

Thanks!

Cool let me know how it goes

You guys play online a lot?

yeah there's a fair amount of us that do play a lot of VBS1. There's CSHAG, XDF, RE, RSI and a whole heap of others.

PS: flying is going good. Been pretty busy with that lately. About 2/3rds done with my Instrument Rating ... flew yesteray in the clouds for the first time ever. Pretty freaky not to be able to see your own wingtips. I can't believe how thick clouds are. You really can't see squat in them.

Yeah know what u mean. Been ages but same experience when i was goign through my CIR. But good feeling when u've not seen anyhting but cloud for hrs and then u arrive dead bang at overhead ur destination airfield.

Thanks!

Cool let me know how it goes

Well ... I installed the patch and now I can hear breathing, steps, gunshots .. the works.

But no voices.

Is that normal? I am actually thinking it is normal ...

You know how in OFP you would hear a voiceover saying "enemy soldier at 2 o'clock" or some such?

Is VBS1 supposed to do the same?

Unimportant to me ... just curious. Just wanting to make sure I got at leat this problem fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same sound issues. Hopefully the patch will fix it for us as well. That was the big reason we uninstalled it before, was sound wasn't working, missions would start and 3 seconds later it was telling us we were dead, please try again after the funeral.

As for the voice overs, I heard that if you really want them, you can use the voice file from OFP.

As for the voice overs, I heard that if you really want them, you can use the voice file from OFP.

Do a search at the resources site for Voices, it'll pop up, there is alink there. For my money, the game is better without them, the AI becomes severely annoying calling out OPFOR.

YMMV