Playtesters?

BrandonKappel

Hey,

I am currently working on my very first mod. :) I have no name yet, but it will be mostly a campaign with 1 or 2 new maps and some new weapons. I have some of the missions started and was needing playtesters for the first one which is now finished. If you would be interested post here or PM me. Thanks in advance.

BrandonKappel ;)

Do You Have some screenshots of the maps? (maybe you already did in another thread, sorry if so)

I also would like to know the story of the campaign.

Maybe this way ppl get more exited and willing to help you with your mod.

Hey,

All I am doing in this mod is the scripting as I have no expirience or money for 3dsm or Photoshop. It was originally going to be campaign only, but people volunteered to help. :P

As of now the only map to be included is BARRICADES made by Biro. I may use some of the maps availible on this website if I can gain permission. The Ghosts will probably have the same weapons as before, but Dekela let me use some of the weapons in his new minimods, namely the two AK47's and Dragunov, that way you will be shot with a good gun. I've allready had one person look at the first mission and he said it was pretty good and gave me some suggestions so I am working on that still, like I said, this is my first mod and I am moving along very slowly. I haven't thought much about skins and am using the original GR actors.

I am not the best at coming up with a story line, all I have so far is it will once again be the Ghosts vs. Terrorists. The maps are woodland. All I could think of is for it to be set in Russia, but that is boring. Would anybody be willing to help me come up with a better storyline? All it needs to be is Ghost vs. Terrorists in a woodland enviroment, where the main population looks like the actors in the original first GR campaign.

And I just want to thank everyone here at GR.net for inspiring me and helping me with any questions I have.

BrandonKappel ;)

Edited by BrandonKappel

I am not the best at coming up with a story line, all I have so far is it will once again be the Ghosts vs. Terrorists. The maps are woodland. All I could think of is for it to be set in Russia, but that is boring. Would anybody be willing to help me come up with a better storyline? All it needs to be is Ghost vs. Terrorists in a woodland enviroment, where the main population looks like the actors in the original first GR campaign.

I could probably come up with a decent storyline for you but it would help if you told us what the objectives are for the first mission, since it's complete. Unless you want to keep it a secret. I just finished my first mod, so I feel your pain.

Looking at the map you posted and keeping in mind you want a terrorists vs. ghosts campaign, we see the map is basically a few buildings in the middle of nowhere. I would suggest starting with something stating the ghosts are being sent in to investigate a potential terrorist stronghold, maybe hideout would be better terminology, considering the locale. That gives the where and why.

You could have them try to "capture" a specific terrorist, then make him get away. That would lead into your next map and mission, as the ghosts would now be chasing him. Once you get a good plot in your head the missions write themselves.

Hope this helps.

@eternal--Yeah, what I mean about the storyline is a situation that happens, like IT was guarding elections in Cuba. Once I get a place and reason for the Ghosts being at that place I can come up with good missions. The objectives for the first mission are: 1. Blow Up A Railroad Bridge, 2. Capture A Train Station, 3. Rescue Hostages, 4. Get Map of Enemy Plans. I can always put this mission somewhere else in the campaign. I had a mission planned for the BARRICADES mao, but don't want to say what it is. :P I'm not the best with geography so I have a hard time thinking of a place for it to be set.

BrandonKappel ;)

@eternal--Yeah, what I mean about the storyline is a situation that happens, like IT was guarding elections in Cuba. Once I get a place and reason for the Ghosts being at that place I can come up with good missions. The objectives for the first mission are: 1. Blow Up A Railroad Bridge, 2. Capture A Train Station, 3. Rescue Hostages, 4. Get Map of Enemy Plans. I can always put this mission somewhere else in the campaign. I had a mission planned for the BARRICADES mao, but don't want to say what it is. :P I'm not the best with geography so I have a hard time thinking of a place for it to be set.

BrandonKappel ;)

Considering the objectives you have stated it seems like it would be cool if you used a story line telling the players they have an idea the terrorists are holding up in this lil hideaway. The ghosts have to first, cut off all avenues of retreat (that would be obj's 1, 2) After you are sure the enemy can not escape you can have them go in to rescue any hostages, gather intel, and if possible, take out the bad guys. Make up the location. It doesn't HAVE to be a real place. As a matter of fact, it's easier on mission scripters if it is fake. No one can argue with your facts if it lives in your head. :)