Ace Expansion Pack

Chef-Scott

Will be on store shelves 3/3/2004 (US)!!! Yeah!

After work I will be going for an interview with a new Chef and after that stopping at my local software stores and the first one with it on the shelf will be the one that I buy it from! :D

I agree with that one I have already been on the hunt for it here on the west coast. Vef will also be using the expansion pack.

with the expansion the creator of VEF is also looking at making a western front which would be know as VWF I can then start flying the P-38 for those missions.

S! BOA_ELF

WOOT!!!!

Got the new job!! Got the Ace expansion!! All in the same day!! :punk:

What's really funny, I do not normally buy games. I only really played Quake at the LAN parties the computer lab had on a monthly basis. They also played WarCraft III: ROC. I tried it once and got totally hooked on it, and bought WarCraft III: TFT the day it was released.

Then at a friends house one day he showed me Ghost Recon... The rest as they say is history, I bought, I played, I found this great forum here!! :D

Then you people here have an IL-2 Sturmovik thread.... You all posted screen shots of this wonderous flight sim, I was hooked and bought the only thing I could find, the original IL-2. I loved it, then I ordered IL-2:FB from Amazon a few weeks later. And today I was calling all the local stores to see if they had the expansion in... "UPS arrives in the afternoon" I was told.... ARGGHHHHH!!!! I get off work and go straight to my interview, on the way I start calling again. Yep, it is on the shelf!!

Not any more!! It's in my hands!! :drool:

BTW, the expansion is SWEET!!! 29 new planes (not 20!!)

From Oleg Maddox, posted on 05-03-04 07:55

That to prevent any speeches what there are and becasue seems that in manual is present a bit other list (in print much early then product was finised went old version of list).

Flyable:

P-51B,

P-51C,

P-51D-20 (K-14 gunsight),

P-63C,

P-38L,

P-38J,

YP-80 Shooting Star,

Me-163B,

He-162A-2,

Ta-152H-1,

Mistel (Including special version of FW-190A-8),

Bf-109Z,

Ju-87D-5,

Ho-229,

Bf-110G-2

SPB (flyable special type TB-3 with two special type flyable I-16s under wings),

IAR-80A,

IAR-81C,

Fiat CR.42

Fiat G.50,

Ki-84-1b,

Ki-84-1c

A6M2,

J8A - (Sweden Gloster Gladiator)

Spitfire Mk.Vb (Merlin 45) 1941

Spitfire Mk.Vb (Merlin 46) 1942 clipped wings

Spitfire LF.Mk.Vb (Merlin 50) 1943

Spitfire LF.Mk.Vb (Merlin 50) 1944 clipped wings

AI-only Aircraft:

Hawk 75A-3,

Hawk 75A-4,

Fi-103(V-1) with launcher,

Gloster Gladiator MK.I,

Gloster Gladiator MK.II,

FW-200

[This message was edited by Oleg_Maddox on Fri March 05 2004 at 06:31 AM.]

Okay, I have to ask. I used to be a big flight sim junkie, and bought just about everything Jane's ever did - Longbox, USNF, ATF, and my favorite was WWII fighters.

I was really interested in IL2, but after installing it, I never enjoyed playing it. I found it difficult to manage, the instructions were light, and I found it hard to locate enemies, mission objectives, and to keep the planes in the air, etc. I admit that I was immediately frustrated. I ended up tossing it back in the box, and throwing it in the closet.

So, was I too hasty? What was I missing?

The map from the sounds of things. If you change the maps resolution, you will see the enemies flying toward their target.

Try starting with easier settings til ya get used to how the plane handles. Remember that the planes back then were damn near flying pigs, some worse than others.

Dont forget about this:

New ground models:

Willis MB Jeep – US

Willis MBt Jeep – US

Willis MBtc Jeep – US

M16 self-propelled AAA

Chevrolet truck

Chevrolet ambulance

Chevrolet radio truck

Diamond T 5-ton truck

Pup tent

Pyramidal tent

Command tent

Pole with wires

Pole no wires

Bunker - small caliber guns

Bunker -large caliber guns

Bunker Elevated -large caliber guns

Omaha Beach Bunker

Observation Bunker

Sandbags – Round

Sandbags – Wall

Caen Castle

Chateau – Small.

New ships

Destroyer Tashkent

Destroyer type 7/1944

M-Boat

Battleship Tirpitz.

Notes:

These ships are made for use on European maps for creation of new missions. Ex.: Destroyer type 7/1944 is intended to be used for the allied forces and M-Boat – for Germany.

In the View Object menu, text information is not present for every new model or object, because some of them were included as a bonus in the last moment.

New Maps

Normandy1 - Large historical map based on the Normandy coast and Northern France. Pre-Invasion state.

Normandy2 - Large map based on Normandy and Northern France, with a non-historical Allied base off the French coast.

Normandy3 - Large historical map based on the Normandy coast and Northern France. Post-Invasion state with 18 temporary Allied strips.

Ardennes Summer - Non-historical medium sized summer map for online and offline play, loosely based on the Ardennes region.

Ardennes Winter - Non-historical medium sized winter map for online and offline play, loosely based on the Ardennes region.

Online8Islands - non-historical map featuring a “Pacific Theater” locale for online gameplay. Can also be used for user-made single missions and short campaigns.

Online campaign

Online campaign is a new, unique feature of this CD expansion. It is similar to coop mode, but missions are generated sequentially, with date, time and battlefield situation developing from one mission to another. Players' actions can influence it and top scores of players are recorded.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Gold Edition from GoGamer yesterday and tried it out. I wanted to shoot down a V1 but never saw it take off from the airfield. I did try out the YP-80 Shooting Star and trashed it in a dive from 6000M trying to get back down to 1000M and ended up having to bail out at around 3000+M. After that it took a long while for it to actually crash many clicks away.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Did you check the development update a while ago? They had a P-51 stick a wingtip under the V1's wing and knock it off course....

This happened until the Germans got wise to it and placed an explosive charge under each wingtip....

• 2 weeks later...