Can Someone Help A Newbie out?

crash2203

Hey, I'm pretty interested in trying out some level and vehicle mods.... however i don't know the tools required to make 3-d models for Ghost Recon... I've heard 3D Max studio, but i would like to make sure. I currently do alot of work doing web-based programming with PHP and MySQL databasing, and i've done some levels for Unreal Tournament using UnReal Ed, and would like to give making a level in Ghost Recon a try, and some and some other things like vehicle modeling.... so... basically... what program(s) would be required to do such a task?

Thanks alot to whoever fills me in ^_^:D

Basically for GR, two main things are needed. 3DSMax, and photoshop. 3DSMax will allow you to make the 3dimensional models, either biped(humans), or structures (buildings, vehicles and weapons). Photoshop, along with the RSE RSB plug-ins, will allow you to make the 'skins' for these items.

3DSmax is fairly complicated, and GR modding in general is more difficult than modding for the unreal engine. There are many tutorials available on the internet tho.

Edited by MONOLITH