Ghost Recon PC: Xbox Conversion (HELP NEEDED)

C419

Hey guys, I have been working on a mod for Ghost Recon, and I need help from a Mod Maker than can edit .RSB files for me because I am not that advanced in it. Email me at taylorrosendfeld159@gmail.com. I appreciate your help. The mod is in a unfinished state, but usable. If you want to check out the mod for yourself: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8psd3k5az6dgsq6/Ghost%20Recon%20Xbox%20Conversion%20%28WIP%20UPDATE%29.zip The mod brings the game from the PC version closer to the Xbox version by using the sounds, music (HUD IS WIP) and the main menu picture that was used in the Xbox version of the game.

Edited by C419

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes but what is it you require?

Menu art?

I might be able to spare some time to assist ;)

Well maybe, I'm really snowed under at the moment got completely buried to my neck in work and problems :/.

Edited by MrMoon

I need help with editing the hud.rsb and possibly the threat indicator too, only if it is possible that it can look like the Xbox version. Thank you for your time.

Work in progress:

post-503-0-36666200-1394492407_thumb.jpg

Showing hud.rsb file. Parts used by the engine to form ingame HUD.

At this point I don't know how much I can alter the basic shape of the HUD.

Click to view larger:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/hodd8xdfx0t43fw/explanation.jpg

What I have so far.

-Green man on left does not show health in PC version. For health press Tab key that shows soldier panel.

Color of soldier icon can be changed to any color but it will always be that color in game.

-Color of weapons would have to be changed in the kit icon files found in

\Ghost Recon\Data\Shell\Art. Counting MP1 and MP2 this could be well over a hundred files.

Any weapon mods would have to have their kit icons edited also.

-Black boxes(see photo) are opaque now but can be set to any transparency.

-Position and size of text is hard coded.

Can't remember if font color can be changed.

No edits on threat.rsb so far

Going to eat supper. :yes:

Edited by wombat50

You sir, are amazing! I'll make sure your name is mentioned in the credits in the mod once it is fully released. Another thing you can do is that the health bar that says "Healthy" "Wounded" "Dead" (you probably know what I am talking about) you could change the color of the healthy bar to green if possible. Another thing is that the border of a message display (i.e. Objective complete sign) to yellow. That would be more fitting. Thank you so much for your effort and time!

I can change the health bar green but the ammo bars and platoon bar are green too.

You may know this already but color of font is white> healthy ; yellow>wounded; dead>red.

I'm pretty sure font colors in HUD are hard coded so aren't changeable. Maybe someone else knows better.
I'll upload a pic in a bit. Kinda like it.

border of a message display (i.e. Objective complete sign) to yellow

You mean this message display?

post-503-0-58539700-1394499282_thumb.jpg

If so, not sure if it is changeable. Would have to dig on that one.

Edit:

What it would look like with health bar green:

post-503-0-14553100-1394499839_thumb.jpg

Edited by wombat50

Okay, that will be fine and we'll change it as it needs. As for the Message Display box, yes, that is the correct box I am talking about. If you need to, see if the font colors are hard coded, and we can see if it is or isn't. Keep me updated on your progress. Thank you so much again.

Okay. If possible (I hate to make another request honestly) could you change the Alpha symbol to remove the A in it and put a Private symbol in the circle. If you need reference, look back at my email were the HUD was and you'll see it next to a missle icon (indicating the soldier's specialty as demolitions) and for Bravo, the B removed from the circle (like alpha, as the A removed from the circle) and the left side filled in halfway to make it look sort of like a half circle, but empty on the right, still keeping the outine, if I can find a picture, I'll email it to you and notify you.

I can change the health bar green but the ammo bars and platoon bar are green too.

You may know this already but color of font is white> healthy ; yellow>wounded; dead>red.

I'm pretty sure font colors in HUD are hard coded so aren't changeable. Maybe someone else knows better.
I'll upload a pic in a bit. Kinda like it.

border of a message display (i.e. Objective complete sign) to yellow

You mean this message display?

attachicon.gifpopUp.jpg

If so, not sure if it is changeable. Would have to dig on that one.

Edit:

What it would look like with health bar green:

attachicon.gifgreen health bar.jpg

Also, as in the picture I have sent you in the email, I would like to keep the black gradients on the HUD, also, if the <soldier's name> were to be wounded, would the bar turn from green to yellow? Any thing else like the weapons and stuff, they are fine green. If you can, make it like the original PC texture like the lines on the top and bottom and then the darker big stripe in the middle as green (Top and Bottom lighter shade of green and middle big stripe a bit darker version of green, but not too too dark.) Also, with the weapon boxes, could you make the boxes only where the weapon is displayed transparent?

Alpha symbol

post-503-0-74418900-1394526008_thumb.jpg

Bravo symbol

post-503-0-99143800-1394526054_thumb.jpg

I'm going to work off of the above.

Also, as in the picture I have sent you in the email, I would like to keep the black gradients on the HUD, also, if the <soldier's name> were to be wounded, would the bar turn from green to yellow?

From the pics I've seen hard to tell about the gradients but I'll add them to the four bars. Probably switch from green back to black on the bars.

Bar does not change color when wounded but font goes bright yellow . When killed health bar goes dark red and font bright red. This is a function of the game engine and not the hud.rsb.

If you can, make it like the original PC texture like the lines on the top and bottom and then the darker big stripe in the middle as green (Top and Bottom lighter shade of green and middle big stripe a bit darker version of green, but not too too dark.)

Mmm... I'll give it a shot. A drawing would be better. Hard to describe some things in words.

Also, with the weapon boxes, could you make the boxes only where the weapon is displayed transparent?

I don't have an exact number but this would involve editing over 100 kit icon files which I have an aversion too.

Ahhh, gotcha. The green color I want can be found in multiplayer. You don't have to play with anyone, just start up the game as green platoon and then look at the team color, it should give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Thanks Mr. Moon.

Really struggling with the pda-lcd-02.rsb. Effects all menus and message boxes in game.

Changing all the white in the color layer to any one color looks horrid. Trying to get just the borders

to be a different color is a real puzzle. Working on it.

May work on the hud.rsb just for a change of pace and comeback to it.

Okay, did you get the Bravo team and Alpha team symbols done? That might be the last thing on the HUD. But from what it seems like you have been working on the pda.rsb files for the time being.

Download link for Shell_WIP mod

https://www.mediafire.com/?4909eli8xuupqdu

Includes modifications to:

new_font_revised, hud, pda-lcd-02 and shell_bgd-panel.rsb's

Extract and place the Shell_WIP folder in GR/Mods.

Activate at top priority and then restart GR for it to take effect.

Should be OK to run your mod with it for now.

Later when everything is satisfactory you can merge the Shell_WIP with your mod.

Made the font yellow for legibility. Tried a gold or darker yellow and it was hard to read.

Yellow does give some small artifacts with the font. Other colors did not have this effect.

Will start on the threat.rsb later.

Edited by wombat50

Ghost Recon Conversion Pack: 1.0.3 Update (WIP): https://www.dropbox.com/s/4955maylkcrzo34/Ghost%20Recon%20Xbox%20Conversion%20Pack%20%28WIP%201.0.3%20UPDATE%29.zip

Wombat, you got the menu just right and with the borders too! They look just like the Xbox version! Also, I've sent you another email.

Edited by C419