Network Solution?

Stinger

I have 3 computers on a home network. My computer has the Wireless Access point on it and the other 2 connect via USB. To get the network to work my computer has to be on and apparently logged in. I do not want my parents on my computer for many reasons suffice it to say it is mine and they dont need to be on it. I can give them limited access but I don't want them to be able to do ANYTHING. I don't want them looking in my HDD, or on the internet or adding 2+2 in calculator. Any ideas on how to create such a restricted account? Thanks :rocky:

Just go into the account, create a new one with the limited option, don't do full and it should work.

EDIT: Maybe there is a program out there to lock down the hard drive for users. ? I don't know. How much more restricted do you want?

Edited by firefly2442

Right click on my computer, select "Manage." In Computer Management expand "Local users and groups" and select "Groups." Right click an empty area in the right frame and select "New Group" you can call it just about anything you want. After you make the group in Control Panel->Admin Tools->Local Security Policy is where you will set the permissions. Expand "Local Policies," in "User Rights Assignment" and "Security Options" you add the groups for whatever rights you want it to have. Then you add any users to that group in Computer Management.