Everybody Disappears

Hi All:

For whatever reason, on certain maps/missions when the number of bad guys gets down to around 30 or so, everybody stops showing up on the Command Map - this includes ALL player actors and ALL enemy AI's.

This makes it very difficult to know where you and your team mates are during a mission, which results in "friendly fire" from time to time. Any ideas???

10:1 the missions has a LOT of enemies. There is an engine limit restricting how many objects can be drawn on the command map, and all those markers for the dead tangos trigger the limit and result in the game being unable to mark the location of friendly units. If you watch very closely you can see individual parts of the friendly markers "disappear" as the tangos are killed.

My recommendation... Play missions that do not rely on shear numbers of tangos to make thing challenging and avoid the problem. To the best of my knowledge there is no "fix" for this limitation.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering what was going on, I was afraid I had a problem with my system or video card...The map/mission in question does have a lot of tangos - I think one of them has 140 bad ######eS, which is the most I've seen so far.

BTW - what is a good "limit" on tabgos when creating a mission in IGOR? I've seen several with between 126-130 tangos in them. Is that a good "max" number to keep in mind?

Thanks, guys...You are the B-E-S-T!

I find you can have a great challenge and keep the numbers of chrs around an average of 70 or so and then maybe only 3/4 are active at once, it depends...my personal ceiling is around 105 and usually only on large maps, though I did put that many on Hunting Lodge...you can create some nasty firefights with that many chrs on a map..tbh I try to limit firefights in open country to around 6 or less on 6(player) or so but the enemies may get help from other teams as they approach in response..my goal is usually to provide an intensity and suspense that flows the length of the mission which I hope lasts around an hour...even with 6 or so coop team players going at it...

mig :ph34r: