2007 Cherry Blossom festival pics

Papa6

Thank you Rocky. I had a great time today. fantastic weather and great venues for photography.

Lawman is in and out these days, but he's a spot on chap for sure. I've known him for 5 or 6 years now. good ol mate he is.

Thank you Rocky. I had a great time today. fantastic weather and great venues for photography.

Lawman is in and out these days, but he's a spot on chap for sure. I've known him for 5 or 6 years now. good ol mate he is.

I met him once :)

Thank you too Ruin. but hurry!, the petals on the blossoms were falling off in the millions in the light breeze :( . My wife's grand parents will be here on thursday and if the storm that hits on thursday does as it is said to, the blossoms will be gone by Thursday/Friday. plus it will cool down alot too. like into the upper 40's I hear.

Thanks for the advice Papa6. :) I'm going tomorrow. If you end up out there again, look for the guy in the GRAW hat, haha.

Oh, and those tutorials at Magical Landscape are fantastic! I had some crazy dust issues for a period there, that I can now effectively and easily get rid of! Yes!

It also makes me consider shooting in RAW. Which I'm afraid to do with such limited HD space. :(

hmm. Believe it or not those piccies i made are done in the cameras JPEG format. no RAW for the Digicam. but I'm going to look into getting a Canon Digital EOS system soon. I'd like to get a 20D or one that i can afford.

as homer simpson would say...DOH! I use a Kodak Easyshare DX7590 which is now one of the newer Z models. a point and shoot. My lens is a 38-380mm lens and it takes nice photos. I want to get a Canon EOS D series next year. probably a good lens as well.

I'm quite excited to buy the new Nikon lens that's designed for the D200 (Which the D80 is based off of) that is 18-200mm which, digitally, works out to be about 26-300mm if it were on a 35mm.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

I used to have a little Kodak EasyShare DX7630 6.1mp I loved, that took great pictures.

ok. Yeah my camera is now the Z7590 (mine is the DX7590). Nikon? I don't know why but, everyone tells me, "Go Canon, go canon." but i guess it's a personal taste IMHO. I hope you can get out there and get some nice shots. would like to see what a nikon can do. :thumbsup:

ok? post some piccies here tomorrow. got alot of house cleaning to do before the wifes grandparents get here on thursday.

And now cometh the rain. I'm not sure what condition those blossoms will be in tomorrow... :( I'm so sad I waited. I've been waiting all year for these! My calendar showed peek blooms from the 1st to the 16th... I guess that's not true.

And now cometh the rain. I'm not sure what condition those blossoms will be in tomorrow... :( I'm so sad I waited. I've been waiting all year for these! My calendar showed peek blooms from the 1st to the 16th... I guess that's not true.

Yep, today is a crummy day to go up there. I noticed the blossoms at my step daughter's school were already gone.

We were up there on Sunday. Beautiful day for it. I avoid northern VA as much as possible because of traffic but the trip is always worth it when I go. So much to do out here.

Edited by dporter

Looking out at E&20 NW I see nothing but clouds.... :(

I'm only a few blocks walk from the Tidal Basin, but I don't think it's going to do me any good. Lousy lighting, and after the storm this morning, I doubt that there's anything left to look out.

D'oh, I can't believe this.

ah hey man, don't worry, these things happen. it has been weird weather and you can't say from one day to the next what is going to happen. :tomato:

I have new photos posted at the same gallery at http://lawman-trg.co.uk/modules.php?set_al...=view_album.php

i even sent the prime minister of Japan an email with a link to my pictures and thanked him and Japan for the gift of these lovely trees. man they are gorgeous!

Rock on Ruin. since i have no car, this is the one time a year I can get out and take some really good pictures of a subject I enjoy.

Edited by Papa6

Thanks Papa6. I've been watching cloud cover all day, and it's just not clearing up. And it's getting colder and colder. Supposed to be 49 on Friday.

Looks like I missed this year. Oh well, I'll be back. :)

I love just walking the city and taking pictures, I've got some odd ones.

Thanks Papa6. I've been watching cloud cover all day, and it's just not clearing up. And it's getting colder and colder. Supposed to be 49 on Friday.

That's weird. At about 3 some of us from the office went out to donate blood and it was around 65 and sunny. We are about 30 minutes south though.

Next trip to northern VA will be to go to Sweetwater Tavern for some home brewed root beer and some prime rib. :drool:

That's weird. At about 3 some of us from the office went out to donate blood and it was around 65 and sunny. We are about 30 minutes south though.

Next trip to northern VA will be to go to Sweetwater Tavern for some home brewed root beer and some prime rib. :drool:

Oh man, prime rib...mmmm :drool:

I'm meeting my wife and grandparents after work on Friday down at the tidal basin. hopefull there will be something still left to photograph. But I doubt that as we have a wind warning for tomorrow and expect gusts to 40MPH. <_<

the grandparents just got in a few hors ago. so my wife was mistaken by a day...oops! DOH! image the horrorified looks on my face when the house wasn't ready and totally tidy for them.double >_< DOH!

that was a classic moment. but they got here safe and that's what matters most. I cooked a taco salad and started to assimilate some of the cherry blossom photos for my wifes grandma to burn on to CD for her. :thumbsup:

Be cool guys, I might be out a bit more now they are here. PEACE!

Feel free to check out my additions to my gallery at the link provided on my first post page 1

see ya

-Papa6