DAGRM stolen modwork?

pH.

People say that Dagrm48 contains stolen stuff. I don't get that as I know he had permission of all the stuff in 4.8 just that he didn't tell that he was giveing the weapons unrealsitic aim, so what people like that it's the most popular mod after the expansions. <_<

Did he have permission??

I always thought he didn't have permission and he just didn't care.

I also don't like that because of its popularity it has spread the use of unrealistic weapons all over the multiplayer scene.

Heck...even I use it cause other people do. :(

I really can't wait for ghostrecon 2. And I hope red storm buys a clue and makes the weapon characteristics better.

IIRC 4.8 didn't have stolen work but all the previous versions did,

but by then there was a lot of bad feeling going around the GR community and a lot of sites still wouldn't touch 4.8 because of its past history.

He would have been better off giving it a new name.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beat this!

Its to most downloaded gun mod for GR ever at over 40k+ downloads! :yes:

That alone speaks volumes. :thumbsup: The people got what they wanted...FUN! And nothing that was said here stoped it.

Moderator edit for content.

See pinned topic in this forum about DA 4.9. Unless Rocky states otherwise, this topic is not open for discussion. I will state that just because it is the most downloaded mod doesn't mean it's the most worthwhile mod to play. And yes this thread is locked too.

Edited by WhiteKnight77

Before this gets locked, let me say this:

One reason the DAGRM mods have such trouble is because they have GRM in their name. There was a huge fiasco awhile back with a very popular mod that was also very much a work of plaigarism. DarkAngel capitalized on the popularity of the GRM series with his DAGRM 4.x 'mods'. 4.7 was pure plaigarism. 4.8 was mostly used with permission. Apparently, 4.9 is plaigarism, again.

Whether you realize it or not, it's illegal to distribute something made by someone else. You can't even legally package RSE's .qob files in your own 'mod' and distribute them - it's copyright infringement. Just because mod-makers produce material for someone else's video game, doesn't mean it's public domain. It belongs to them, and them alone. Once they make a model or a texture, it's theirs. In fact, if Joe Modder's work is used in a Jimmy Theif's 'mod' without permission, Joe Modder could pheasably sue for copyright infringement - and win. Mod theft is still theft, and theft is wrong, whether it's popular or not.