Respawn actor?

bernardo

HI. I need some help on a gametype. I have tried in vain to create a respawn for an enemy soldier who has to regenerate after his death in a certain area chosen by me but it doesn't work. The question is: how to sector an Igor script to have the respawn of a dead enemy soldier? Your every help is welcome. Thank you

I am not a good scripter. I dabble a little in it so any advice may be incorrect or not help.

I have read in the Advanced_Igor_Guide(part2).pdf that to spawn an actor, company, OpposingAssaultForce, OpposingPatrolForce, platoon or team it must be done with a Pre-Action trigger.

I would not try to respawn a dead enemy actor. Instead, spawn two of the same enemy actors you wish in a Pre-Action block.
Use the first  until he is killed than teleport the second from a  hidden location to where he is needed.
If he is hidden in the script (hide thing) make sure he is also made invincible so he will not die if he is shot as black shadow causing a CTD in a MP game.
After he has been teleported than make him vulnerable.

thanks wombat50. I know it's nearly impossible to generate a dead actor. i have tried to spawn a series of random enemy actors in the map every 10 seconds but i am not able to do it. Actor respawn is almost impossible. I have studied some similar gametypes but nothing. Opposing force runs only with preaction. A time counter is not possible. I will still try to fix the problem. thank you all the same.