Malicious data included with mods? Are mods 100% up to date?

ThirdEye

I went to download some mods as I recently redownloaded some good ole Ghost Recon and after finishing the download of the mod I am told that there may be malicious data in the exe's. I wouldn't think that there would actually be a problem, but I just want a voucher on the quality of the product.

Secondly, I've noticed that Frostbite is 1.2 on the site but I had found a 1.2 to 1.3 updater, is it worth it? is it legit? Should I download it from fileplanet?

A lot of the Old mods came with "Installers" and, it is these that your AV software is picking up. I use Nod32 and it goes ballistic if I DL a mod with an installer. I just tell it to ignore the threat and prosed, If I know the mod. I have not had any issues, I would also add I have only used DL links from this site.

As for Frostbite, if you look at this page for the DL http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=14

Scroll down to the bottom and under the screen shot you will find a few links, one of these is the DL link for the 1.3 patch.

Hope this helps

Edited by Hammer