Edit: Complete Final Version Including new Bloodpool and Shrapnel damage:
https://mega.co.nz/#!wlsACTLJ!WNpAuHDI8Vb21Pn9dT264Wp1F0Nqq0kJhAfJBR8mF7Q

post-25580-0-95333700-1359961200_thumb.j

post-25580-0-29926200-1359961233_thumb.j

post-25580-0-50276500-1359961256_thumb.j

post-25580-0-49272000-1359961270_thumb.j

post-25580-0-09895200-1359961291_thumb.j

post-25580-0-49671300-1359961310_thumb.j

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, it's my first post in this community, and also my first mod for any game, i just started using photoshop and the rsb plug-in to make a mod that would satisfy my desire for realistic blood.

I know there are plenty right in the files section, but none would look realistic enough for me, you know exagerated big wounds and bright colors.. so after a couple hours of fiddling with photoshop i managed to get it exactly the way i wanted it, the way you can see gunshot wounds on war documentaries and not action movies.

I think the blood stains on the clothes have a nice feel to it and a good color too (i played a lot with the alpha channel to get it right).

i couldn't upload it on the files section and couldn't find directions as to how to upload it anywhere so i'll just post a link to mega... i hope i don't get banned for that :S

https://mega.co.nz/#!stdCTYLJ!TSDCoAugUL8EjLgQr1hhnj9CY4obKs7JDNM8_tSbNhk

this was just a personal mod i made, but i thought it was pretty cool so i brought it to you. You can use it freely, you don't even need to ask for my permission, it's already granted! you can credit me if you want, or not.

Also, i was planning on modifying the bloodpools as well (actually i did, i spent 4 hours making an animated blood pool file by file, they're like 27 or so) but for some reason i never got it working, only a small drip was showing on the ground, it never expanded, it was just the initial decal there :( i tried saving it as a normal .rsb file as well as a bitmaprsb (a different plug-in) but nonw worked, so if someone knows what's going on i'll leave the resource files here as well, if you can get it to work let me know, you can take the credit i just want them to work and display properly.

https://mega.co.nz/#!5hNVkJDa!cHZ-wX8pTOUXYQhuQCRJrjutCvcRv39NdJGoSVEhjh0

Btw, yeah the first decal is that big on purpose, sometimes the default blood pool reaches its max size then it returns to the initial decal, so this way we could have 2 different blood pools.

Thanks guys

Edited by Tovarishch

Hi Tovarishch and welcome to our fantastic community! It's always nice to have new modders! :)

I like your blood pool, it looks neat.

About the decals, I don't think it's possible to make new and edit them, but before someone comes over me, we better say I said nothing.

Good luck mate, and once again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!

/t

Hi Tovarishch and welcome to our fantastic community! It's always nice to have new modders! :)

I like your blood pool, it looks neat.

About the decals, I don't think it's possible to make new and edit them, but before someone comes over me, we better say I said nothing.

Good luck mate, and once again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!

/t

Hey teppe, thanks for the quick response and the warm welcome! The blood pool isn't displayed in the picture, well there's one which is heroes unleashed's default bloodpool (the blood that spills on the ground when the target falls). what is displayed there are the gunshot wounds, or the marks on the target's body, i didn't make additional ones if that's what you meant, nor did i try to animate those, i did however try to entirely change the blood pool, by editing every stage/frame/file that's part of the animated and expanding bloodpool, i belive it is indeed possible since the heroes unleashed team managed to make their own custom blood pool (it's just a smaller version of the original, but it's modified nevertheless), so the only real question is, why is it not moving?

that would be the only problem, if i could solve it, this pack would include new blood pools as well :D

But for now enjoy the hit decals.

Bloodpool files Mod

http://www.mediafire.com/?f8ic1h1b3adz2io

Has a readme and run at highest priority.

How I did it:
I opened the RSB editor, it is on the Island Thunder disk, and checked the properties of the original files found in the Origmiss folder. The jpg included in the download above is how decal_effect7.rsb is set up.
I matched these with your decal_effect7.rsb file
Files 01-27 have to be added in the frames portion of the animation tab.
The remainder of the files 01-27
-do not enable alpha blending in the alpha tab
-In the animation tab animated is left unchecked
-Sampling tab, Subsampling is priority one everything else left unchecked.
- I applied these settings to 01-27 files and tested in game.
After testing this mod you can transfer the files in the textures folder over to you mods texture folder.

If you don't have the Island Thunder disk here is a link for the RSB Editor.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8gta83ki15bxxkj

Bloodpool files Mod

http://www.mediafire.com/?f8ic1h1b3adz2io

Has a readme and run at highest priority.

How I did it:
I opened the RSB editor, it is on the Island Thunder disk, and checked the properties of the original files found in the Origmiss folder. The jpg included in the download above is how decal_effect7.rsb is set up.
I matched these with your decal_effect7.rsb file
Files 01-27 have to be added in the frames portion of the animation tab.
The remainder of the files 01-27
-do not enable alpha blending in the alpha tab
-In the animation tab animated is left unchecked
-Sampling tab, Subsampling is priority one everything else left unchecked.
- I applied these settings to 01-27 files and tested in game.
After testing this mod you can transfer the files in the textures folder over to you mods texture folder.

If you don't have the Island Thunder disk here is a link for the RSB Editor.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8gta83ki15bxxkj

Wombat you genious! it worked, it's working perfectly, thanks to you this mod was possible. Major Kudos to you good sir, you are on the credits of the mod's final version. Thanks a lot for your help, you're awesome. Respect.

Along these lines, I made the bullet hole (non wound ... metal, wood, etc) a lot smaller than the default ones. Now they look a lot mor realistic.

-Doc

Hey, Doc! thanks for the heads up, could you link me to your work please? would love to give it a try!

regards.