Sound Echo

Here's a wierd thing. All of a sudden GR has an echo when I play. I don't recall changing anything. No other game or application has an echo, just GR.

Any thoughts? I may have to uninstall and reinstall .... any tricks that I need to be aware of?

Thanks for your help.

Tony

Do you have a Mic hooked up to your PC? If so, try muting it. It may be feeding back. If thats the case, adjust your mic settings from within Windows.

What soundcard do you have, and are the drivers all current? Also run dxdiag from the run line, go to the sound tab, and try turning the hardware acceleration down or even off. Also, go into the game, at main menu, got to options, sound, and try disabling eax, and software sound.

Check to see if EAX is off in the Options/sound tab. I've experienced some wierd echos and reverb type effects when it was on. Also you should check any software that came with your soundcard to make sure there is no internal effect on your main sound outputs or wave output. GL

You can also try going to Control Panel: Sounds and Multi: Go to the Audio Tab, and click the Advanced Tab on sound playback. Adjust the slider in the Performance section. (This is more of a feedback as opposed to an echo, and usually happens when inside but it might solve the problems if the above doesn't.)