Need help with NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installation!

Boozeguy123

Hello all.

As You can see, I'm new fresh here. Got my beta key, redeemed, downloaded launcher and now the business begins.

Okay, what I need to do? You need explorer & framework 3.5 SP1. Well, that should be easy, let's just google.

First, downloaded 3.5 SP1, can't install it, because when I execute it, nothing happens. (Downloaded it from Microsoft site)

Okay, maybe it's already installed. Tried to hit launcher, started to download Ghost Recon Online launcher (1.82MB). After successful install, error pops up:

6176d65dcd.png

Okay, dafuq? Checked my programs & features:

7f421e4342.jpg

Only have 3.5 (incl 2. and 3.0) + 4.5

But, where's the 3.5.1? How to enable it? How to install it?

Downloaded the huge, giant 3.5.1 pack from MS site (240MB). Tried to execute, still nothing happens?

Checked If my IE works fine:

434c3160db.jpg

All works just fine.

And my question is now, how to install this **** framework 3.5.1 (SP1?)

I tried with NET framework clean-up tool, still nothing. I even tried to install if offline mode (it means through CMD and with W8 .iso) Also wanted to make clean install, by uninstalling frameworks from "Add or Remove Programs":

ff83fde57b.jpg

But there's no frameworks?

Please help me, what I'm doing wrong? I have searched many, many hours how to fix this thing. Please, developers, or any guy, make my day!

All the best,

Joel

PS.1! I think my system can run it at least with lowest settings:

CPU: Intel Core i5-480M (Dual Core 2,67GHz)

GPU: Nvidia GT540M (1 GB)

RAM: 4GB

HDD: D:Free Space-269GB

C:Free Space-251GB

PS.2! Stop telling me that it's Windows fault, because it's in BETA stage. NO! Two of my friends have this same version, same frameworks, and their versions are just working all fine!

run in compatibility mode for windows 7 and downgrade to IE 8 or 9 and see what happens.

you told me not to tell you something that you don't want to hear, what if it's the truth? BOTH the game and windows 8 are in the BETA stage, faults could appear out of nowhere no matter if your friends have the same OS as you and if it works fine on their PC that's THEIR PC not yours.

my initial guess was in fact the windows 8 OS causing a few side tracks. look at the stack.

NET Framework 3.5 is installed on your PC but there may be a conflict with 4.5.

we aren't Ubisoft support, this is a fan forum and we know very little about the game's problems as it's fairly new to us all, if it's an issue, talk to Ubisoft support about it, if they say the same thing, grab an older version of windows and dual boot it. problem solved.

Edited by Zeealex

just doing a quick google windows 8 does things way differently with regards to .net packages etc.

you cant install it in the "normal" windows xp/vista/7 fashion and i havent used windows 8 to try yet, as zeealex said, both are betas and both have limited support at the moment.

all i can suggest is googling on how to install .net 3.5.1 on windows 8

• 2 months later...