Coop_mexbob_Coup_d_etat

Here is my latest conversion of a GRAW 1 mission. This is Mission # 2 'Coup_d_etat".

You are to locate the VIP and protect his extraction.

Hint: you will need to use a granade to destroy the fuel tanker at the gassstation. :whistle:

File size is 131MB

File Name for server is; coop_mexbob_Coup_d_etat_v3

Loading problem resolved! :thumbsup:

It will take aprox. 3+ min. to load. :angry:

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy

Mexicobob

Edited by mexicobob

Nice map Bob. Huge as I like and no issues so far. only if it would be possible to increase the number of AIs, including some more snipers will be perfect (done alone in less than one hour going slowly and killed 99 bots). Anycase had a good time playing it. Thanks for your work.

Some minor comments (pics):

Lime grass and mars like plants.

2011081200061.jpg

No paint work at the fuel tank? (used a nade as suggested, but C4 could be and alternative, if possible)

2011081200063.jpg

After destroy the fuel tank, gas station shows a nice explosion, the roof fell to the ground but still can be seen at its original position (same with the billboars displaying the fuel prices).

2011081200065y.jpg

In the last part, going from the parking lot to the extraction point, no AI was found. Finally, I noticed that most of the snipers use a supressed M416, making him less lethal but also hard to locate, and many spawn in a prone position, good.

Again, Very nice job Bob.

Edited by RickDekkard

I mentioned the trees to Bob when testing the alpha version, this is due to a texture conflict between the GR:AW and the GR:AW2 textures.

I had the same problem when I used the GR:AW buildings (Salazar map) in one of my missions, the only fix I could find was to find a different tree that doesn't conflict with the other textures, sorry but I cant remember which tree I used but there are some that will work ok, you can see that as not all the trees in Bob's map have that problem.

I also mentioned the missing textures on the fuel tanker and the fuel station that remains standing plus there is another destroyed version, I'm not sure if you can remove the original version.

John and RickDekkard,

I noticed that the trees look right using Rahnman's mod, but look purple using the original game! Do not know why that is.

I also had to remove the palm trees because they did not render correctly, replaced those with trees.

The flowerbed_trees_02 and 01 are the ones that are purple.

I have changed them to flowerbed_tree_03 for the next version

As far as the gasstation, it completely destroys on my computer using the lan server., Do not know how to fix that either. :wall:

(I stand corrected the original station and the destroyed station are both present on my computer, I just never noticed before. :blink: )

I tried removing the original gasstation but the only thing that happened was the destroyed station was removed and also the fuel tanker!

I tried the c4 on tanker but did not trigger the explotion that destroyes the tanker and station. Also tried a GL but with same results, a granade is the only thing that works. At one time I was able to destroy it with a gun shot, but that no longer works? :wall:

Do not know how to get correct textures on the fuel tanker.

I have not added any AI at the extraction yet, the orginal extraction was by blakhawk from the parking garage upper level. There was also a blackhawk supply drop on the upper level which I had to remove, plus a rope drop insertion at the begining. Some things from original GRAW 1 just do not compute in GRAW 2.

New AI added at extraction

I have spent almost 4 months on just this one mission trying to get everything to work.

Bob

This version has fixed the tree problem and added more AI.

I have not been able to clear the orginal gasstation after the destruction.

See the link at the 1st post of this thread for version 2

Mexicobob

This version has fixed the tree problem and added more AI.

I have not been able to clear the orginal gasstation after the destruction.

See the link at the 1st post of this thread for version 2

Mexicobob

Hi again,

Am I doing something wrong? when I click the link get an "Invalid or Deleted File" error from MediaFire.

Regards.

Hey Bob, tried v2. No strange plants this time, but billboards look without textures:

2011081400002.jpg

While some other structures have interesting colours, but as you said is a problem in the conversion or other mods, nothing related to your nicely done work, mate. Anycase it doesn't mind.

I have done the map with 116 kills this time and found the APC nearby the extraction, much better. If it were possible would be interesting to add a couple more of AIs and a sniper to the square where the VIP is, same to the gas station and extraction.

Ah, I realized that after done the "hold" objetive at the VIP's car, it repeats the order of "hold" but immediately one get the Fuel Tank objetive. Have tried to blow out the tank with bullets (RX4, MSG90 and G18) and with GL without sucess, only a granade can do the job as you stated.

As I said, nice map. Thanks for you work Bob.

EDIT. A comment if you consider it. The aim of the "Rebel position" (fuel tanker) objective is to create a diversion, right? So one can expect that after blow out that thing, a number of AIs converge to that position, nevertheless I found my self alone at the gas station after it collapses. If you can add an APC coming in after the objective is done and/or a patrol coming in, I think that will improve the mission.

Edited by RickDekkard

Rahn,

The tanker objective is the "Rebel position", and you must use a granade on the tanker to proceed with the mission, also you must kill all of the 3rd assault group at the "President's last position" to trigger the "Rebel position" objective..

Bob

Hey Bob,

I remember this map with a bit more AI. This map is a very good one to play, but as it is now, it looks a bit deserted because there are alot of streets and not enough AI. I came up with a round score of 150 kills, so I really did my best to find the AI (don't know if I got them all). The AI on the roof (NE of the gas station) were very hard to see. They are very well hidden behind those high trees. One of them especially was very hard to find and killed me numerous times before I found out where he was hiding. More AI and more snipers would be good and maybe a chopper or more objectives for C4.

When I launched the game I immediately got the message: "...broken_presedential_limousine..." and under that the choise to resume the game or restart. I resumed and got to the window in which you can choose your weapons kit. Am I the only one with that message?

During the game I once spawned on the edge of a roof instead of the small square where I normally should spawn. I made a screen of it, but I don't know how to upload it.

After I did the mission at the gas station I spawned twice at the gas station and then at an old spawn (according to the indicator it was 409m from the drop point). It almost looked like a random spawn, but I kept spawning from that point on. Even when I already had been on the roof of the car park, I spawned at that old spawn so it takes alot of running again to the car park.

First time I tried the map, I used the new Rahnman's mod v4.01 and after I killed 134 AI my game crashed so I decided to use default weapons only. Both times I played the map, I noticed some lag after I destroyed the tank.

I would like to know if anyone else had the same issues as me. Other than that the map is great.:thumbsup:

Rico686,

Thanks for the comments.

There is the original number of AI plus I have added some. They are at almost every street. Still working on it. :rocky:

I know which spawn you are talking about with the roof, I will move it over a bit.

I have never gotten the broken_presidential_limosine message and no one else has mentioned it. :wall:

I will double check the spawn areas t make sure they are working right. You should have respawned at the location of the VIP's panhard at the "car Park" waypoint.

I have played both with Rahn's 4.01 mod and the standard game with no problems.

If I add a havoc, then I will have to place some Zuse's around for the standard players! Not everyone is that good with a sniper rifle. :whistle:

I have changed the trigers around from the original mission because the original ones were not compatable with GRAW2.

Bob

Rico686 and RickDekkard,

I have modified the respawn spots and added some more AI, plus rearranged some of the other AI, it should be somewhat more difficult now.

OH by the way I added a Havoc to make it more interesting. :rolleyes:

coop_mexbob_Coup_d_etat_v2_1 see download at first entry of this string.

Bob

Edited by mexicobob

Hi Bob,

I deleted the older one and installed the newer version, but when I launched the map I still got the same message: < broken_presedential_limousine >, resume .... or .... restart. Why am I the only one with that particular message at the start of the map?:wacko:

I didn't spawn on a roof anymore, but I still spawn at 398m from the drop point and sometimes on the top level of the car park. First I thought that it had something to do with the drop point, so I went to the drop point and even took a resupply just to see if from that time on I would spawn on the top level of the car park or somewhere around the car park. Seemed that I didn't have that luck and I kept spawning 398m from the drop point. I think you know which spawn point I mean. I also didn't have any lag or so.

This time I managed to find and kill 186 AI and I noticed that you relocated some of the snipers/AI. Some snipers (further in the game) were a bit harder to find and that made the map more challenging (well at least for me it did).

You said that you added a havoc to the map and I kept running around and waiting with my M99, but no havoc showed up. How do I activate the havoc? I saw a zeus at the drop point but I didn't pick it up because I had my M99. Let me know if I did something wrong.

Rico

Rico,

I do not know why you are the only one getting that error message. :wall:

The Zeus at the drop point is for use on the tank for people playing with the stock weapons.

The Havoc is triggered after you cross the plaza towards the Presidents last location.

Looking at the code for the havoc, you had to have killed all 10 of the first group of AI to set the first respawn point and to start the trigger for the Havoc Will change this for the next release.

I am not sure where the 398 M spawn point that you are talking about is located. Can you give me an idea of the area. I removed one spawn point that was that distance completely from the game!

Did you ever see a message that said to "Stay Alert!"? That is a indicator to trigger a spawn point near that area on the way to the gasstation. If you never got that one then you would respawn all the back on the other side of the square

There also is a respawn point at the gasstation when you destroy the tanker.

The next respawn point is on the 1st level of the car park where the VIP's Panhard was located.

It is possible that the lower level spawn point at the car park protudes to the roof!

Bob

Edited by mexicobob

I have updated the release to v2_2.

The respawn areas are indicated when you trigger them. The havoc is working properly and all respawn areas work as intended.

I have added 2 more Zuses. 1 at the 1st respawn area and the second one is in front of the Palace by the taxi.

This should take care of every thing noted with the exception on Rick's error with the broken presidential limo.

I have no clue as to why that is happening just for him. :wall:

Bob

Hey Bob, v2.2 don't load for me. It stucks at the loading splashscreen, and I waited 5 mins. Version 2.1 loads ok.

I don't get the error that Rico states about the limousine.

Edited by RickDekkard

Rico,

I remember getting an error similar to that a long time ago when I was noodling with the game settings through the Local/English directory. I would try renaming your "Local" folder to something else so the game won't recognize it (like "Local_REAL") and see if you still have the same problems.

Cheers,

Rahn

Hi Rico/Bob,

If you see a small box on the screen when a map is loading with the options "Resume" "Restart" (like the error "broken_presedential_limousine") this is normally due to the prop being present in the world.xml but the game is unable to find the actual prop itself.

There are a couple of reasons for this, when naming or changing the version number there is a typo somewhere in the props xml files so the name in the world.xml doesn't correspond with the name for the actual prop, check the u_(prop_name).xml in your units/props folder.

There maybe other bundle files in your custom_levels folder that are using the same prop, if these other bundle files have that limo with the same name you may see the error that Rico is describing.

Rico, have a look in your custom_levels folder, if there are any other bundle files in there that were made by Bob or Bogie and are GR:AW1 conversions remove them and try again.

Hope that helps, :thumbsup:

John

John,

I double checked that already with no problem found on my end. But I do not have any of Bogie's maps loaded right now, so I will check that.

Bob

Will take off line until I figure out what happened on the loading. :wall:

Edited by mexicobob

Bob,

The updated version 2_2 didn't load for me either, so I decided to run version v2_1 one more time, only this time without any other bundle files in the Custom Level Folder. John is right; without the Bogie bundle files I didn't have that "small box with the message: broken_presedential_limousine.

You said that I need to have killed all 10 AI from the 1st spawnpoint in order to trigger the havoc but I killed 45 AI when I reached the VIP's last position. Also, each time I spawned again on the same square of the VIP (where the limo is) I hear the same message: "Hold, more hostiles are on their way"...

I died 4 times because I couldn't find that sniper fast enough, so I heard that message 4 times.

The other spawnpoint I referred to was in a street with a big dark building not far from the palace square. It's 123m from the VIP's last position and 398m from the droppoint. Hope this will help you.

About the zeus; if people play with default weapons they have an RPG in the demolitions kit and that works better than the zeus. With the RPG you don't need to have a "lock-on"..., it's just aim and blast away. Taking down the havoc with the M99 is more exciting and ok... it needs a little practise but most of the people who play GRAW2 know how to take down a chopper with the M99. Further more if you get killed carrying the zeus on your back instead of using it, you loose it.

But anyway, respect to all you guys who make these maps and all the mods for us :thumbsup:

Rico

Rico,

There are 10 AI at the very first encounter. Two of them are in the rear alley way by the park area. Two are at the end of the building towards the Palace. The other six are in the area by the first panhard. When these are removed the 1st respawn spot is activated.

The second respawn spot is activated when all of the panhard crew and passengers in the square are eliminated. It is behind the church on the way to the presidents last position.

The third respawn is at the presidents last location.

The fourth respawn area is triggered when you kill any of the AI at the supply vehicle on the way to the gassation. (if you do not get this one, you will fall back to the presidends last position.)

The fifth respawn area is triggered when you blow the tanker.

The sixth respawn area is on top of the parking garage triggered when you get to the panhard with the VIP in it on lower level of garage.

The version v2_3 corrects the loading problem!

Bob

Edited by mexicobob

Bob,

I tried out v2.3. I like what you have done with the extra AI. I liked heli at the square, the extra snipers at the presidents location and I liked having to fight your way out to extraction. Nicely done!

The only problem that I found was with the respawn location indicator. When I cleared the square of AI I saw a message stating that the 2nd respawn area was activated. This message would fade briefly and then would light back up again. It did that for the rest of the mission. I never saw any indicators of the other respawn points. I did not die when testing this mission so maybe it would reset if you died. At any rate if a person did well and did not die for a while I'm sure this message would get bothersome.

I also had a question about the supply objective that is lit up on top of the 3 story garage. I didn't actually go and position myself by the mule, but took out the tank instead. Once the tank was taken out the extrtaction objective lit up and I moved to it only later to realize that the supply objective on top of the garage was still lit. Is this an objective or is it just a reminder that players can resupply there if they like? At any rate it stayed lit the whole time and I wasn't sure if you wanted that or not. I did not really understand the purpose of the objective marker there.

Once I made it to the extraction spot it took a long time for the mission to actually end, probably about 30 seconds. I thought there was a problem and actually started running to the "supply" objective thinking that I had to take it out before I could extract and while I was running to the garage the mission ended and the stats screen came up.

That's all that I found. I think that this mission is coming along nicely Bob. With a few more tweaks it should be ready! These are great missions you are doing! Thanks so much!!!

Rahn

Rahn,

The 2nd respawn message should have trigger before you get to the Presidens last location, when you take out all the AI on the Panhard at the square. Then you should see the 3rd respawn indicator at he Pesidents Last location.

I will check on this, I had added the messages when v2_2 had a loading problem, so I went back to 2_1 to make the change.

The drop point location indicator should clear when the tank is taken out, it is just a marker for the zuse at the top for stock weapon players, not necessary to clear for the mission to end.

I will cut the ending time down some.

It is hard for me to play this thing all the way through each time I change something, it usually takes me about 85 min to play all the way thru as I get killed about 15 times. :zorro:

I will try some more. :wall:

Bob