Night Vision - Snipers

Hi All!

I recently added new mask_binoc.rsb, mask_nv.rsb, mask_sr.rsb, mask_sr-nv.rsb, nvmask.rsb, nvmaskalpha.rsb and nvnoise.rsb files to expand viewability during night operations when using night vision. I noticed, however, that there was no effect on any of the sniper weapons? Other weapons - pistols, shotguns, machine gunes, etc., now have the expanded viewability - but not the sniper weapons.

What I am doing wrong or what is missing?

Edited by AB_Lt_Cmd_Riker

Those 7 files indeed control the appearance and FOV of night vision, binoculars, and sniper scopes, so by modifying them you should be able to achieve the effect you were looking for. If only the sniper scopes give you trouble, there might be something you missed changing in the mask_sr.rsb and/or mask_sr-nv.rsb.

ApexMods:

Thanks for the quick reply...I'll take a look and see about the mask_sr.rsb and mask_sr-v.rsb files. Any suggestions on where I might get a new set of the .rsb files that will take care of all of it for me at one time? Maybe a specific mod or download?

ApexMods:

You were right...the mask_sr.rsb and the mask_sr-v.rsb files were missing. Apparently, all seven files also had to be installed in the "Origmis" texture folder as well as my mod's texture folder in order for it to work correctly. Once I installed them, the night vision worked perfectly for the sniper weapons as well. Thanks for your insight!

Edited by AB_Lt_Cmd_Riker

• 2 years later...

files also had to be installed in the "Origmis" texture folder as well as my mod's texture folder in order for it to work correctly.

I've not seen this issue before ... I thought that the mod folder versions of any file trumped anything in the origmis (or any lower priority mod). Is that not correct?

I'm looking around for more info on the mask_sr-nv.rsb file and came across this thread, so now I'm curious about this.

Thanks!

-Doc