Rahnmans_coop_kits Revisited

Hey Guys and Gals,

Welcome to version 2.2 (for the time being, lol)

Now that I have had a break from modding I have decided to complete my original vision for the mod by adding some weapons. It was always my intention to have the sig552 and Mk18 in the original mod in order to have a greater variety of secondary weapons, so I have included them in this version. But I couldn't stop there so I included the Mk23 handgun and the (WAY cool) Mk14 Light Sniper Rifle. So here are the new weapons:

Sig 552 (primary and secondary)

Mk 18 (primary and secondary)

Mk 23 Handgun

Mk 14 Light Sniper Rifle

All the original weapons are still in the mod.

The hard part about modding for GRAW2 is not getting the guns in, however, it is getting all of the attachments in. Attachments are things like silencers, scopes, and GL's. Here's the frustrating part, in coop mode (and in multiplayer in general) you are only alloted 31 slots for these attachments. So getting the guns into the mod was the easy part, getting all the attachments in was an agonizing process of trying to pick and choose which ones to put in and which ones to leave out. In the end I decided to take out 2 tactical grips in order to make room for some weaponsights. I took out the Rx4 and M416 frontgrips. I don't think that too many people will mind when they see what they get in return. Here are the new attachments (not included in the stock weapons that came with the game):

Sig 552 Aimpoint, Eotech, ACOG (uses stock silencers)

Mk 18 Aimpoint, Eotech, ACOG, Silencer

Mk 14 Aimpoint, Eotech, ACOG, Leupold Sniper Scope (uses stock silencers)

MRC ACOG (very cool! BTW)

Rx4 ACOG

G36 ACOG

SCAR's ACOG, Shortdot Sniper Scope (Snow's version)

M416 ACOG, Shortdot Sniper Scope

M14 Aimpoint

Shotgun Aimpoint

SAW Aimpoint

All in all, not a bad trade!

All of these weapons and attachments are from the Brettzies/Snow's mods. Thanks to them for allowing me to use their work in this mod. Special thanks to Brettzie for continuing to answer my noob questions, lol.

DO NOT USE THIS MOD FOR "CAMPAIGN" MISSIONS! (yet, lol)

DO NOT RUN THIS MOD FOR ANY OF BOGIE'S NEWEST MISSIONS (yet).

Bogie's newest missions (Rat, Levantiamento, Harry Lee, Nitro, Bear, etc.) use a different set of templates, ones that I have not changed yet. You can still run the mod for these missions, but the weapons kits you get will be the same as the ones in the 2.0 version of this mod. I will change these templates at a later time (I only want to do it once, lol). Bogie's early missions should work fine as will all of John's missions.

PLEASE READ THE "READ ME" FILE FIRST!!

It has instructions on how to install the mod as well as some other important information.

Like before, I will be including specialized kits in the mod. A specialized kit is one which is put in by request. If there is a certain "dream" kit that you would like to have included, then just post what you want here in this forum and I will make sure it gets in the mod. I will also put your call sign above the kit so that you can find it more easily and as a way of saying "thank you" for testing the mod.

The download file is password protected. The password is the same as it was before. If you don't remember it then PM me and I will send it to you.

ENJOY! And let me know what you think.

TAW_Rahnman

Weaponhead

http://www.mediafire.com/?mznnj2zgm2j (changed to version 2.4)

Hey Rahn

Long time no see but this could be the reason why. Looks good and I shall be trying it out over the weekend.

Good to see you're still around. Join us for some action on the battlefield.

Anthony :rocky:

Love the avatar - real photo!!!!

SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

Okay, I've found this way cool sight in Snow's mod. It's called the "reflex" sight and I got it to work on the mp5, SCAR's, M416, and G36's. Here it is on the mp5.

07807ca7a66c101af9495930b7d3cfea5g.jpg

SnowFella had the triangle as the the reticle on this one, but since I cannot stand that stupid triangle (as you already know), I changed it to the eotech reticle.

f6c576b3fcd4107e6e5aa4ba4507b61a5g.jpg

I like how the sight doesn't take up the whole screen, giving you greater visibility. I think this is definitely a keeper and will be in the next version. I had to take out the SCAR front grip in order to get this sight in, but I think it was well worth it. There are now no front grips in the mod. Again, sorry if you are a fan of the front grip.

Let me know what you think!!

Rahn

Like before, I will be including specialized kits in the mod. A specialized kit is one which is put in by request. If there is a certain "dream" kit that you would like to have included, then just post what you want here in this forum and I will make sure it gets in the mod. I will also put your call sign above the kit so that you can find it more easily and as a way of saying "thank you" for testing the mod.

I wondered how this happens!

can I have a play around with some guns from the new mod and have my own personal kit then?

I'm a Big ACOG fan myself! if I could gave a G36K with ACOG + G3 with one too then I'd be sorted!

Rahn,

Thanks mate,

I don't suppose you or anyone you know could help install your mod onto my server? I have tried 3 times and even tried your "turn cheats off" solution but with no luck.

I was hoping that you or someone within TAW who regularly changes the config files would talk to me about it - I'm still pretty new to server admin stuff

Anyway my dream kit is:

Mk18 Acog

Sig55 Red dot

Glock 18 ( Not silent )

10 grenades

and if I have room on my back a javelin type rocket launcher thingy

I wish I could have two load out tho lol, I fancy the Mk14 sniper rifle and the Mk46LMG with reddot!

Ron,

I can do the kit for you but not with the RPG. It is a primary weapon and I have not had any success getting it to be anything else. I can give you a Zeus, however, which is actually better because it will take out tanks and heli's. The rest of your kit is not a problem.

As far as the reddot on the handgun, I would like to do that but I would need to add another attachment to the mod (reddot sight) and I don't have anymore available slots. Sorry about that.

Rahn

Hi Rahn,

Thats what I meant, the Zeus is very similar to the Javelin which a shoulder based, ground launched anti tank missile. I don't like RPG's as I always miss!

Shame about the handgun.

Ron

hey rahnman.

thanks for the great 2.0 coop kits i use the first demolitions kit when im speed playing and the first sniper kit 89% of the time. ;D keep up the good work! :o oh btw, in

single player, when you reload at the mule, another weapon that needs work is the sniper rifle you modified the hit power (awsum i can shoot the guys in thier hands and they

die, works well for clearing out 50 cal machine gun bunkers) but after you re-up, the rifle has its 20 rounds, but no clips. shows up like this ---> 20/0 . i am primarily a sniper

and use this weapon and the 50 cal big guy (when im not worried about being spotted) :o and to only have 20 rounds kinda sucks. ive already read about the reload thing for the

shotgun. have you devised any fixes or plan to devise any for this? :o oh and as for custom rifles, is there a way you can take the 50 cal sniper scope and mount it to the other 2

sniper weapons? short range protection is usually the shotgun or the one you always provide (i love shooting armored dudes with a pistol O.o they die?) so i can see the max

distance and kill the ai before they see me? other than that the selection is off the chart and im happy with the completeness of the coop kit! :o im trying to get my dedicated up

and running using the kits. just wanted to know if you are doing any other mods with this one?

Ron,

If you want to have another kit put in the mod, I will be happy to do it for you. As for your server difficulties, when I release v2.3 I will include a bundle file for server admin's. We usually put this file in the mod's folder and use a "context-standalone.xml" to point to it. Works good for us but I have no idea if it will work for you. It's worth a try.

Light,

I'm glad you like the mod. Right now I am in the process of adding some more weapons and sights to it, so it is going to be much better (hopefully, lol). I'm sorry you are having troubles with the mule. I wasn't aware of the problem and will check it out. I'm not sure there is much that I can do about it. Using a mule is a risky thing to do, especially if you have a shotgun. I tend to stay away from them and just pick up AI weapons if I need one. As far as the sniper scope is concerned, I could probably make it work but it is unlikely that it will be very accurate on the msg90 or m14. I might have to tweak the aiming node to make it work for these weapons, and then (of course), it wouldn't work well for the m99 (barrett). I think your stuck with the scopes as they are.

Rahn

Ron,

You'll have to tell me want you want in your second kit though. There are already some kits with the mk14. Support 1 has the Saw with a red dot. Trouble is, the sight isn't configured for the saw so it isn't very accurate. Better to go with iron sights I think.

Rahn

Ron,

I'll have v2.3 out soon. It has your first kit in it. It is "rifleman 5". We are currently alpha testing it on the TAW coop server. If all goes well I should be posting it here w/in a few days. Since v2.3 is done, you will have to wait for v2.4 before I can get the other kit in.

I don't think it will be any problem to get the MK14 and SAW in the same kit. You can try the support 1 kit from v2.3 to see if you still want an optic on the SAW. Like I said, its not very accurate, but I cannot tweak it because then it would be off on all the other guns that it works well on (and there are several). You didn't mention what type of optic you wanted on the MK14. You can have a sniper scope, aimpoint, ACOG, or eotech. Just let me know.

Rahn

Cool, I'm looking for ward to it!

And Zero please will you assist me ( when 2.3 is out for all to use) in, the installation of the mod?

I place the mod bundle in the Mod Folder situated in GRAW directory, I add the context files, rename them and giggle them about. but thats all it says in the instructions - Do i have to write anything in the server config file?

Alright, we have had good success with Alpha testing version 2.3 so here it is. Have fun and let me know what you think. Don't forget to test out the "reflex" sight. It is clearly marked on the kits it is in. Also, the mod now works in single player "campaign" mode. Thanks for testing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mznnj2zgm2j (changed to v2.4)