Samsung 245b Problem

Tinker

XP (x86) 2005 Media Edition

3Ghz x 2 Core

8800GT

2GB RAM

24" Samsung 245b Monitor @ 1920 x 1200

After applying this driver, I restart my PC and no signal from my monitor. Unplug the monitor and plugin a standard 19" monitor, all is fine. Put the 24 back in and no signal.

Have rolled back driver to 182.50 and all is fine.

Sent error reports.

:unsure:

Not aware of a Samsung driver, plugged it in from new, had no other issues with it.

I do run a kvm switch though, that allows me 2 monitors if needed, but not really used much.

And in device manager, under Monitors, it lists Default monitor 4 times, and Plug and Play monitor once. Seems excessive.

*Edit*

Found driver HERE will give it a try tonight and see. Thnx.

*Edit*

Monitor is connected with VGA cable, looks like I am running Analog instead of Digital, think I need DVI cable?

*Edit*

Switched monitor off, plugged in DVI cable, monitor will not respond, no signal. Plug VGA cable back in, all fine.

:blink:

Not tried driver yet, as it asks in the setup if I want analog or digital, which has made me look into the monitor setup. Well as it is running fine right now as anolog, I`ll go ahead and apply the driver for now. See if it helps with the original nvidea driver issue.

*Edit*

Yay, original driver issue solved. 185.85 installed and all fine. :thumbsup:

So, new issue to think about is monitor will not run digital only analog. If I plug in DVI cable, no signal message appears.

*Edit*

Need to read instructions again, not sure... :shifty:

Hi Tinker The Samsung comes with a Software Cd and programe called Magicbrite, If you load this it will give an option of DVI or Analog.

I have found that with my Samsung ToC 22" that if I get A black screen All I need to do is change to the next DVI port on the Vid card and Bob's your uncle all is well.

The Samsung comes with a Software Cd...

Like all discs, I know I have that somewhere around here, but looks like it is hiding out at present. <_< Going to have to have a round up and search party in the week.

Cheers.

I have found that with my Samsung ToC 22" that if I get A black screen All I need to do is change to the next DVI port on the Vid card and Bob's your uncle all is well.

I have another monitor plugged in there. Will try swapping them around if same issue occurs.