Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed Server On Gameranger

ApexMods

For the more "casual" gamers out there, I have set up a little dedicated Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed server on GameRanger (cross-platform for Mac and PC). For starters, it is running 9-slot CO-OP in "firefight" mode on random maps.

No TeamSpeak or anything fancy required, just join in and have some fun! :thumbsup:

I am currently hosting from my laptop while on the road, but bandwidth should be sufficient for up to 9 players. The server is on dynamic IP, so it may go offline for a few minutes once in a while (usually every 24 hours).

If there are any problems, please let me know (it's been a while since I hosted at GameRanger)! :)

• 4 weeks later...
hey thats nice. what mods do i need?

Thanks, cajun47, I appreciate that this gets a little reaction. :)

Yes, you will need the Heroes Unleashed mod, which you can download e.g. here.

The mod also requires both official expansion packs - Desert Siege and Island Thunder - to be installed and active.

BTW - twcrash has setup a permanent dedicated server running the Heroes Unleashed mod. Maybe you want to give that one a try, too.

Hope you will have some fun! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
n't they palying some unofficial beta version different from the official release?

They were testing the upcoming Heroes Unleashed update on a closed server for a while (thanks, guys!), but I think the server is now open and running the official version again until the update is released - which should be very soon. That is also the reason for my GameRanger server being currently offline - I'm testing the update and prep it for release. Hope it will be worth the wait. ;)