Gsg-5

Saint

The GSG-5 is manufactured by German Sport Guns. According to Tony, GSG employs a bunch of folks who used to work at HK, who have a passion for designing .22LR versions of the world's best weapons. Ever since the British SAS stormed the Iranian Embassy in 1980, the MP5 has been one of the most well-known tactical weapons. With very few "MP5-like" guns available in the U.S., it was a natural choice with a big latent demand.

I think I saw one of these at the gun range right before I deployed...but I thought it was a real MP-5. When I got over here, I was talking with a co-worker who told me about it and I've been reading some info on it.

It looks pretty flipping sweet...it shoots .22LR which is cheap. The gun itself isn't too expensive, like $500. I'm thinking about picking one up when I get back for my daughter. Suppose to be a fun little "plinking" gun.

I know, I know...its not a real MP5 and the quality isn't going to be as good...and it is only a .22 - but still, if it is indeed what I saw at the range, and I'm fairly certain it is...it looks like a ton of fun.

Anyone have one?

Don't have, but have shot.. It's a great plinker, can be SBR'd and SD'd for only the paperwork and tax stamp.. manual of arms is virtually identical to the Original, and I WILL HAVE one <_< someday

There is an SD6 version in the works from Gemtech ($1100 +$400 in 'taxes') that is damn sweet as well.

Good to see you Saint. hope things are going well for you :thumbsup:

There is an SD6 version in the works from Gemtech ($1100 +$400 in 'taxes') that is damn sweet as well.

This is what I'm waiting on. Looks just like an MP5SD with the shroud I love so much. Once it's out, I'm back, and it's fairly reliable... you can bet I'll have one. Until then, I'll keep to my 10/22 for now.