Metal Gear Online

Hatchetforce

• 2 weeks later...

Europe gets Metal Gear Online Beta:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=131231

Konami has told Eurogamer that it will be announcing its European Metal Gear Online beta plans "shortly".

Its comments follow (at a safe and undetectable distance) word earlier that sign-ups to the MGO beta in Japan appear to be inaccessible to those of us with Western-originating IP addresses.

The full game is due out around the world alongside Metal Gear Solid 4 on 12th June, so Konami had better get its skates on.

Personally I am not so sure that the full version of MGO will arrive beside MGS4.

Great artwork there, but .... there's just so much going on in that HUD. All I can think of is GRAW.

Anyone that played the MGS3 online knows that it is nothing like that at all. Not at all.

Of course I haven't played it online. The most I've seen of console games, honestly, was sitting in your house. You forget, that until a couple of years ago, I refused to have anything to do with the lot of them. The only console we have is a Wii, and I don't see us being able (or willing, really) to afford another console any time in the near future, especially w/ all the good games being $60 or so.

Great artwork there, but .... there's just so much going on in that HUD. All I can think of is GRAW.

Anyone that played the MGS3 online knows that it is nothing like that at all. Not at all.

Of course I haven't played it online. The most I've seen of console games, honestly, was sitting in your house. You forget, that until a couple of years ago, I refused to have anything to do with the lot of them. The only console we have is a Wii, and I don't see us being able (or willing, really) to afford another console any time in the near future, especially w/ all the good games being $60 or so.

That was the point. :thumbsup:

LOL. I wasn't commenting on the game play. Just the visual representation. I would certainly hope that MGS doesn't play like GRAW. What a waste that would be.

I don't see the similarity. The assault helmets on some of the characters are the only thing in the ballpark and those are quite a bit different. And the rest of the player characters are certainly far off. It takes a little more than cross stich webbing ha ha. And the gameplay is remarkably different. I am in the beta so in a short week or so this ought to be quite enjoyable. :D

LOL. I wasn't commenting on the game play. Just the visual representation. I would certainly hope that MGS doesn't play like GRAW. What a waste that would be.

I don't see the similarity. The assault helmets on some of the characters are the only thing in the ballpark and those are quite a bit different. And the rest of the player characters are certainly far off. It takes a little more than cross stich webbing ha ha. And the gameplay is remarkably different. I am in the beta so in a short week or so this ought to be quite enjoyable. :D

Something about the business of the UI. I can't really put my finger on it other than to say that.