Gamertag Freezing Problems

methz68

Looks like the gamertag freezing problem bug has been found.

Kimi posted info here

and more info is on the UBI solutions center here

Can't Microsoft edit the gamertags their end to remove the offending bits of code then allow the affected user to recover the gamer tag?

Still its good to know what not to do, and how to avoid this problem. i'll pass it on.

Edited by methz68

• 3 weeks later...

Good good news! A title update is going out sometime to fix this! We didn’t say anything before because we didn’t want to jinx it, but since today is February 29th the cosmos decided to be on our side and give us all a leap year present. The only noticeable thing you will see is that you will now have two custom kits instead of three. Happy leap year day, and see you on this day in four years!

This should be going out late tonight or early tomorrow morning, especially those in the EST time zone and east-er of that.

what a load of crap, i haven't even downloaded the new maps all i've downloaded is the more guns pack and now MP is CONSTANTLY freezing on me! i click on "Multiplayer" to try get in n it freezes whilst loading that section of GRAW2.

To say its the custom kits is a load of crap as i have none.

And also amazingly i was able to get into the MP section whilst my 360 was disconnected and it worked fine, so its obviously an online thing or i was just lucky that one time.

this is driving me up the wall as i've been playing COD4 non-stop for months n want to get back into GRAW2 my first love :(

what a load of crap, i haven't even downloaded the new maps all i've downloaded is the more guns pack and now MP is CONSTANTLY freezing on me! i click on "Multiplayer" to try get in n it freezes whilst loading that section of GRAW2.

To say its the custom kits is a load of crap as i have none.

And also amazingly i was able to get into the MP section whilst my 360 was disconnected and it worked fine, so its obviously an online thing or i was just lucky that one time.

this is driving me up the wall as i've been playing COD4 non-stop for months n want to get back into GRAW2 my first love :(

AussieTerry, the issue wasn't isolated to the downloadable content (maps or guns), but the custom kit restrictions. Have you received this title update and it still does not work for you?

rgr no result for me, the game is still freezing on MP like before!

I don't know how this has happened when the game worked almost perfectly before the DLC came out :(.

i sure as hell hope another patch comes out to fix this.

i noticed the loading symbol u know that circle with the arrow doesn't move anymore even for SP.

If this problem isn't fixed then im not gonna get the DLC n will even have to get rid of GRAW2 if i can't play MP :( which is a huge shame as its my most played game!

rgr no result for me, the game is still freezing on MP like before!

I don't know how this has happened when the game worked almost perfectly before the DLC came out :(.

i sure as hell hope another patch comes out to fix this.

i noticed the loading symbol u know that circle with the arrow doesn't move anymore even for SP.

If this problem isn't fixed then im not gonna get the DLC n will even have to get rid of GRAW2 if i can't play MP :( which is a huge shame as its my most played game!

They are keeping a close eye on this situation so any and all feedback is very helpful, just so i can be clear you have downloaded the recent update ? (i.e. since Friday) and still cannot access xbox live via that gamertag??

yeah i've downloaded the latest patch i suppose, i cleared the cahce on the 360 so i had to re-downloaded patches n downloaded one after friday so i guess thats right.

n yeah MP still freezes whilst im online, when im offline i can get into MP, very weird.

Hi,

At what point does the MP freeze? as soon as you select your profile in MP? when loading a map? in game? is it random?

The title update was to fix the problem of corrupt gametag due to the 3rd custom kit.

From what I have read on other forums this problem has been resolved now.

Aussie this sounds like a separate issue, the one the update addressed was causing gamertags to freeze the game as soon as the mp menu was selected regardless of whether they were online or not. Although some more information would be a great help so if you can answer the questions meth asked and we can go from there :thumbsup:

Hey guys here is what happens....

...sometimes as soon as i put GRAW2 in the xbox and it's loading up from the very start before you press the "start" button it freezes on a black screen!

i've noticed i sometimes get a green screen that will go away after pressing start when the game is first loading near the UBI intro screen.

SP works fine, but as soon as i select MP it goes to a black screen n freezes on me as soon as i select MP.

I've been playing COD4 for months but use to play GRAW2 non-stop, and i only just started playing again after the DLC came out (which i don't have) and now MP won't work at all! I've noticed that the new GRAW2 achievements aren't in my achievement list either, did they come with the patch or with the DLC?

This is really annoyin as a diehard GR fan i was really looking forward to getting the classic maps from my fav version of GR and now i don't know whether i should try purchase the co-op collection n see if it makes my game work or if it does nothing :(.

hey guys im just wanna know is another patch gonna be released to fix this problem?

and were ppl getting the green screen with that user kit problem?

i really really wanna get the 2 co-op packs in the next week or so and i'm scared that my game still won't work if i get them :S

**EDIT**

i've just had a look at the disc n noticed a scratch going about 3cms from the outside towards the inside, could that be whats stuffing up the MP? but if thats the case shouldn't the game not work at all? Although the game does sometimes freeze completely before loading even the ubi intro screen!

Could that be whats giving me the green screen?

hmmm i might have to get a new one :(

Edited by AussieTerry84

AussieTerry84,

I had the exact same problem with my Rainbow Six Disk, I was playing away and my xbox locked up. opened up the tray and looked at the disk and noticed a hair line crack from the inner hole outwards. I think its where the disk gets heated up in the xbox and then removed and forced over the game box locking tab. this weakens the inner spindle hole.

Many Rainbow six players had the same problem so could have been a manufactuer problem.

Dont use the disk again though! if it shatters inside the xbox its gonna screw something up major.

AussieTerry, the SP and MP portions of the game are stored on separate parts of the disk so it could very well be that the portion of the disk that's scratched is the MP part.

I'm checking for you what the replacement policy is...it's possible that Ubisoft can replace the disk for you at a nominal fee. I'll find out the details though.

EDIT: That was quick! Luckily for me I sit in the same building as support and was able to immediately go bug them for help. . :D A replacement disk can be sent to you for $15, simply contact tech support and they will assist you with an RMA Look here for details.

thanks kimi :) but lol um im in australia will they still send it? like will i be given a PAL version not NTSC? and is that $15 AUSD or USD?

n lol does that price include postage?

I don't know the details. :) Your best bet would be to call support...hopefully they have a toll-free number?

• 3 weeks later...