Using the xbox 360 remote with Lost Planet PC

Does anyone play lost planet for the PC, and if so has anyone tried using the xbox 360 remote with the game? It says it has built in support for the remote so I'm trying to figure out if I can just plug my controller into usb port and have it work directly with the game. I don't have the 360 anymore but this game was awesome when I played it on it and I want to try it on the pc. I would download the demo to test it but I have dial up and don't want to wait the 14 hours to download the 364 mb file. Thanks to any help.

Typically with games that have both PC and xbox 360 versions, the xbox controller should work with the PC game. One game that comes to mind is Rainbow Six Vegas. It was just plug and play, and I'm sure Lost Planet should be the same. It should work, especially if it says so on the box or whatever.

Typically with games that have both PC and xbox 360 versions, the xbox controller should work with the PC game. One game that comes to mind is Rainbow Six Vegas. It was just plug and play, and I'm sure Lost Planet should be the same. It should work, especially if it says so on the box or whatever.

Does it matter if it's wireless or corded? I finally got the demo from a friend and tested it out but I still can't figure out how to get the controller to work. It's wireless but I have the cord that attaches to it with usb at the end. Do I need some sort of drivers for windows? Thanks.

The corded one for sure. I bought the USB one rather than the wireless one because they didn't have the PC compatibility for wireless yet. From what I've read, the wireless still seems to be a bit wonky so give the cable a try.

Oh, and to those who are going to buy a wired xbox 360 controller, just go for the standard USB controller rather than the one for Windows. The one for Windows is $10US more and all it comes with is a driver disc. I've you've got an internet connection, save yourself the money and just download the drivers for free.

The corded one for sure. I bought the USB one rather than the wireless one because they didn't have the PC compatibility for wireless yet. From what I've read, the wireless still seems to be a bit wonky so give the cable a try.

Oh, and to those who are going to buy a wired xbox 360 controller, just go for the standard USB controller rather than the one for Windows. The one for Windows is $10US more and all it comes with is a driver disc. I've you've got an internet connection, save yourself the money and just download the drivers for free.

Thanks for the help. I don't have corded, just the charge cord to connect it but I did read someone's blog that cleared a few things up. Looks like if you are using windows xp you have to download some drivers to get it to work. Vista already is set up for plug and play. Here's the blog.

http://iciristech.blogspot.com/2007/01/xbo...ller-on-pc.html

To get the drivers just go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/download.mspx

Now it works like a charm.