Car doors flying around

I was playing Hamburger Hill on Calavera, WDA Server, on Thursday, Aug 23, 2007. A few minutes into the round, I made it into the zone and observed 2 car doors just randomly flying around. The would land for second then suddenly take of again, sometimes changing direction in mid air. I asked one of the guys playing with me and he said he didn't see the doors flying around. A moment later, a troop transport truck near the HH zone suddenly lurched and moved over about twice the width of the truck. didn't hear or see anyone shoot it. After ~30 seconds someone ran towards the truck and seemed to run into it. The truck then moved back to its original spot. Also, I didn't see the doors flying around after that. Sorry, I didn't think about getting a vid or SS.

I was playing Hamburger Hill on Calavera, WDA Server, on Thursday, Aug 23, 2007. A few minutes into the round, I made it into the zone and observed 2 car doors just randomly flying around. The would land for second then suddenly take of again, sometimes changing direction in mid air. I asked one of the guys playing with me and he said he didn't see the doors flying around. A moment later, a troop transport truck near the HH zone suddenly lurched and moved over about twice the width of the truck. didn't hear or see anyone shoot it. After ~30 seconds someone ran towards the truck and seemed to run into it. The truck then moved back to its original spot. Also, I didn't see the doors flying around after that. Sorry, I didn't think about getting a vid or SS.

I've seen this. Truck at top of the hill if you push it a few times will flip. The one by the 50 cal near the north adat in rvsa. When it got blown up, one of the doors flew, landed, flew and kept going to somewhere on the other side of the map.

Yes. there are extreme bugs with the physics as relates to vehicles. In Seirra_coop, simply brushing up against a 3 ton APC on the bridge can cuase it to bounce into the air and even reposition itself.

I do not believe that this bug is particular to anyone map or game mode. Rather, it seems to exist as a flaw in the basic physics engine as relates to Vehicles which can be blwon up and those which have doors that can swing open. From reading the mod forums, it has come to my attention that different types of vehilces exist. excuse my innacuracy in discussing them, but I believe some are static scenery while others have a dynamic property to them. My guess is it is these elemens and their physics have a huge bug in them.

I believe if they are modeling mass and wieght, then the bug is there. after all, how can a 200 lb man cuase a 3 ton vehicle to move and bounce by simply brushing up to it?

Can any one confirm this behavior in Single player? I can only confrim it in coop_Sierra on the bridge.

Edited by Sleepdoc

I think it maybe a server high stress issue though that causes it to bug. I have only seen this on server near 32 playsd and i'm betting 12-15 player co-op could put the same amount of stress up. (anyone seen it on a server with say 5 in co-op or 20 and below in TDM/HH?)

I think it maybe a server high stress issue though that causes it to bug. I have only seen this on server near 32 playsd and i'm betting 12-15 player co-op could put the same amount of stress up. (anyone seen it on a server with say 5 in co-op or 20 and below in TDM/HH?)

Negative sir. I have seen the physics flaw (in vehicles moved by touching them) on Sierra_coop running on a very powerful dedicated server with only 2 or 3 persons on the map. furthermore, I have seen what a stressed server can look like (with lag and delayed enemy falling over when shot.) This was not the case for my report. The server was running without stress.

I believe this bug may, however, need to br broken down into 2 components.

One group is talking about peices like doors floating up in space. I have not yet seen this.

I apparently am talking about 3 ton vehicles being moved and bounced around by minimal contact with players and bullet strikes.

It does appear that these 2 bugs are related in so far as they represent exxagerated forces and physics. But they may not be exactly the same flaw in the physics engine.

So in conclusion, I am not yet sure if we are talking about a single physics flaw or 2 completely different bugs. More testing and observations will be required. We will continue to discuss in this thread until we are all more clear.

Edited by Sleepdoc