My Video Card Also Took a Dump!

Militiaman

I just upgraded my computer to the following about 45 days ago:

Motherboard Version: Foxconn 6100K8MA-RS (Winfast C51MCP51) FAB1.0 SOCKET (939) with integrated 128 megabyte Shared NVIDIA Graphic controller Video card is NVIDIA GeForce 6100 GPU + nForce 410 MCP chipset

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 2.41 Gigahertz

1.93 gigabytes of Random Access Memory

74.5 gigabyte hard drive

Turned the computer on August 10th and my monitor is saying there is no signal coming from computer. Tried a second working moniter to no avail. I am ticked! Guy I bought the computer from online has made no response to my complaint as of yet.

I will give an update for all who are interested in the future.

Next time I upgrade it will be an ASUS motherboard in my computer! My previous computer had an ASUS A7N266-VM/AA ACPI BIOS Rev 1006 SOCKET A (462) motherboard and it ran fine for over four years!

• 2 weeks later...

Did some more troubleshooting and found out my motherbaord is bad. The place I bought the computer from told me to ship the motherboard back since it is fried. They are either going to fix it or replace it (likely replace it).

Cost me about $13.50 to ship it back. Hoping this will be my last problem with this new system.

Roco, although you may not have heard of Foxconn directly, you have probably used their hardware quite often -- they are/were one of the contract engineering houses that Intel used frequently to build reference designs and Intel branded motherboards. It was only a few years ago that they decided to start marketing their own designs. I contemplated using the same (or very similar) motherboard as Militia has for a machine I built for my wife last Christmas , but ended up with a nearly identical Asus board -- she has been very happy with it for her web/database development work, occasional video editing and "normal home computer use".

I'm glad to hear your machine is on the way back Militia -- I hope it is trouble free from here on out.

Asus as you pointed out is a very good manufacturer.

I have heard a rumor that ASUS motherboard quality control is slipping lately. Is this true?

Anybody know anything about Intel motherboards? They look interesting to me. Maybe I will purchase a computer with an Intel motherboard in thirty months when I upgrade again.

I have also heard that Foxconn motherboards are used in Hewlett Packard and Compaq computers and I have heard bad things about both. I owned a Hewlett Packard computer several years ago and wasn't impressed with it.

Edit: Total spent on new upgraded computer $383.96 (about $43 of this was for tech support and shipping for a bad motherboard). I really wish I would have gone with a motherboard that uses Double Data Rate Two Random Access Memory since Windows XP 32-Bit does not recognize over 3.4 gigabytes Memory.

Edited by Militiaman

Anybody know anything about Intel motherboards? They look interesting to me. Maybe I will purchase a computer with an Intel motherboard in thirty months when I upgrade again.

I've been pleased with the 2 Intel MB's I've used in my 2 PC's. D875PBZ & D915PGN. Most of the MB comparisions I've read show the Intel MB's performance on par with just about all the other well known MB makers. Their 2 best look to be the 975X & the P965. ;) Of course in 30 months one can only speculate what kind of speed demon MB's they may have. :unsure: