PATCH -Long Black Veil

RavenousNC

Happy New Year!

I guess I should consider it a compliment when someone tells me the map is too hard. I don’t think any mapper tries to make an easy map. ïŠ Still, there are those who wanted a kindlier, gentler map, one that did not have too many well hidden snipers that made it difficult to press-on.

Here it is. /long_black_veil.zip]Long Black Veil-lite. Revised to allow an easier flow for those who, IMHO, are the faint of heart. I have asked Rocky to update the downloads section for this map, so if you get it here make sure the download contains both versions of the map to ensure ypu have the latest copy.

In addition, I found some small things that needed fixing in the original, so I have patched that up.

Changed how first set of F15s are triggered to accommodate mods that add AI. However, if the second round does not come in once the sanctuary is cleared too allow you up the hill into the cemetery, I can not help that.

Some trigger areas that were firing off events too early, thus making the frame rate slightly too much.

Found some AI I forgot completely about, so they are added. Don’t worry, they are mostly ground forces.

Both files are also included in the download zip. Now you can switch over to the lite version when you are tired of taking a beating. In the lite version ground forces are pretty much unchanged, but about 25 snipers/RPG/MG have either been moved or taken out in certain areas. I only hope it is still some sort of challenge for you.

Now go kick some butt and get to practicing. I got another one coming, and you’re going to need to be at your best.

ENJOY!

Rav :zorro:

Edited by RavenousNC

Happy New Year Rav

I tried the pre-version just after you released it for an hour and thought it was great, once i got over that first sniper that is! Not managed to get too far mind as not had a lot of time to play GRAW this week.

I can delete that and just add this new file?

Have you been able to work out placing the snipers in random spots at all?

Thnx a lot, and to GRIM for the map

Tinker

:D

Tinker

You can install the contents over the old map. You want to overwrite the old.

Random snipers and such? - Haven't tried to use them because I am not so sure how I feel about that. It has its place, but not so sure it is in any of my maps. :blink:

Tinker

You can install the contents over the old map. You want to overwrite the old.

Random snipers and such? - Haven't tried to use them because I am not so sure how I feel about that. It has its place, but not so sure it is in any of my maps. :blink:

Thank-You Sir..will be trying them out later on. Now i did try scripting but failed and have not had anytime to go back in but what i was aiming at was 4 seperate snipers, 4 seperate places, using the random counter thingbob, only showing 1 in each set of 4 for any 1 game?

Glad you are figuring it out though and hope to try again soon myself.

Tinker

I needed the don't hurt me version, lol. Good job.

Question - the vehicles and the ability to make them move. I know I have read in scripts somewhere on how to do this - I am working on a map and want a vehicle or 2 to move out based on an area trigger (that much I should be able to handle), but the ability to make the vehicle move is my query here.

I have the vehicle named "attackvehicle01" and can get it to spawn with a driver. I think I need to add more crew to it, but do I make the vehicle neutral? Also how do I make the vehicle move? Do I need to take the crew and add wapoints expecting the human waypoints to make the vehicle drive? Just wondering. Maybe we can hook up on MSN again soon.

Your help on the tripod weapons worked great.

I needed the don't hurt me version, lol. Good job.

Question - the vehicles and the ability to make them move. I know I have read in scripts somewhere on how to do this - I am working on a map and want a vehicle or 2 to move out based on an area trigger (that much I should be able to handle), but the ability to make the vehicle move is my query here.

I have the vehicle named "attackvehicle01" and can get it to spawn with a driver. I think I need to add more crew to it, but do I make the vehicle neutral? Also how do I make the vehicle move? Do I need to take the crew and add wapoints expecting the human waypoints to make the vehicle drive? Just wondering. Maybe we can hook up on MSN again soon.

Your help on the tripod weapons worked great.

Shout at me any time you are on.

This page is in response to Tom_Anger's request for information on vehicles.

OK, here is some info on the movement of vehicles. I have only done work with panhards and helicopters, but this will get you acclimated to the move process. I'm placing this info here rather than in a private chat so others may benefit.

Here is some code from Long Black Veil that activates and moves a panhard.

<element type="ActivateVehicle" vehicle_id="leftSidePan001" start_time="7"/>

<element type="OrderCar" vehicle_id="leftSidePan001" order="move" position="5625 -15223 0" start_time="9"/>
A.I. In order for any vehicle to move you need a crew, so check the crew box when adding a crew, and only use AI that have crew in the name. When placing the AI you will notice there are two types of ID - Group ID and Transport ID. In order to associate the AI with the vehicle the Transport ID must be the same as the Vehicle ID you gave the panhard. I find it is simpler to also give the Group ID the same name. If you want to give the AI some different type of identifier that you will understand when looking at the code, use the top box labeled Name. When placing the passengers that will exit the panhard when it stops, use the AI with passenger in the name. I've tried others, and this works best. Again, in order to associate the AI with the vehicle the Transport ID must be the same as the Vehicle ID you gave the panhard. Unlike activating a group, you only need to activate a panhard using ActivateVehicle. This will automatically call in the AI that is associated with it. Movement You gotta have a vehicle graph in order for the vehicles to transverse the map. You lay a vehicle graph by pressing the letter N when in the AI Graph layer. This toggles between the human and vehicle graphs. The human graph is the default. Everything must be connected. If a vehicle graph is not contiguous the map will either crash, or the vehicles will attempt to find the vehicle graph the game is seeing as the one it accepts. This will have the vehicles trying to drive through walls and such as it doesn't know any better.
<element type="OrderCar" vehicle_id="leftSidePan001" order="move" position="5625 -15223 0" start_time="9"/>

The above code moves the vehicle to the position that is listed in the position property. Once there the passengers will disembark and guard the surroundings. I haven't played with this any further, but it might be possible to order them to move again after some time. If someone might know more on this issue, please advise us. Would be nice to understand how to order the panhard to do a loop patrol.

Wolfsong did a great job writing some stuff on scripting. See the entire GR:AW Mission Modding section, or go here. Also, I would suggest that you download his extensive modding document located on this site at http://www.ghostrecon.net/files/pafiledb.p...file&id=527.

Good luck to everyone, and happy modding!

Edited by RavenousNC