Any Help ?

Eraser

OK i just imported mission 06 terrain and have succesfully edited to a team deathmatch map with new props and statics, Ok my problem is i renderd it all went fine,tested it on my server and the terrain in the minimap does not show on map pic. Is there something i have to do to get it to show ? 3 pass medium and it plays online just fine but the minimap shows no terrain.. Please help if u can thanks....here is my texture_scope

<scope>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope_editor.xml#xpointer(/include/common/*)"/>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope_editor.xml#xpointer(/include/ghetto/*)"/>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope_editor.xml#xpointer(/include/city/*)"/>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope_editor.xml#xpointer(/include/historical/*)"/>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope_editor.xml#xpointer(/include/industrial/*)"/>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope.xml#xpointer(/include/mission06/*)"/>

<texture_set name="atlas_mission_specific/mission02_specific/cube" />

<texture_set name="atlas_mission_spec_editor/backdrop_cube_d" />

<texture_set name="atlas_graffiti/atlas_graffiti_01" />

<texture_set name="custom_levels/hidden_camp/lightmaps" />

<texture_set name="atlas_props" />

</scope>

Edited by FWF.Eraser

OK i just imported mission 06 terrain and have succesfully edited to a team deathmatch map with new props and statics, Ok my problem is i renderd it all went fine,tested it on my server and the terrain in the minimap does not show on map pic. Is there something i have to do to get it to show ? 3 pass medium and it plays online just fine but the minimap shows no terrain.. Please help if u can thanks....here is my texture_scope

<scope>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope_editor.xml#xpointer(/include/common/*)"/>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope_editor.xml#xpointer(/include/ghetto/*)"/>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope_editor.xml#xpointer(/include/city/*)"/>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope_editor.xml#xpointer(/include/historical/*)"/>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope_editor.xml#xpointer(/include/industrial/*)"/>

<xi:include href="/data/settings/set_texture_scope.xml#xpointer(/include/mission06/*)"/>

</scope>

So..open the exported bundle with bundle reader and extract it in a directory you want,

go in the folder texture /gui and open the tga with photoshop

select the pic and copy and paste to new,save and overwrite the file tga modified 32bit.

Bye!!

Edited by =TanAtoS=B52

Before anyrhing else - are your zone correctly?

Chose Multplayer in the editor and check out the red square - that area where the mini map will be genereated from. How to change that check this topic: Satelite view - check out post #10

If it's fine do as =TanAtoS=B52 writes and then re-bundle the map with the one in \tools\ directory.

Run from cmd prompt (cli) bundler -vvb quick-bundle -r "c:\graw\custom_levels\work_temp\my_level" -D "my_level.bundle".

<scope>

</scope>

So..open the exported bundle with bundle reader and extract it in a directory you want,

go in the folder texture /gui and open the tga with photoshop

select the pic and copy and paste to new,save and overwrite the file tga modified 32bit.

Bye!!

Ok i have done the steps above to replace the existing .tga file in my map bundle,for some reason i cant get the bundler to open in win xp so i can rebundle it, i tried those commands you posted none work is there a way i can rebundle this. Please explain in an easier fasion lol.. Thanks again in advance !

I will try ..

It WON'T run form a RUN|Command line so ppen a command windows (DOS-box or what ever it's called in english) by clicking START|RUN type cmd then push ENTER.

If your GRAW is installed in C:\Games\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter then the command should look something like this:

"C:\Games\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\tools\bundler" -vvb quick-bundle -r "C:\Games\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\custom_levels\work_temp\my_level" -D "C:\Games\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\custom_levels\my_level.bundle".

So you need the path to the bundler, you can give the whole path or start from that directory. Then you need to tell the bundler where your maps directory is and finaly where it should save your bundle and what you want to save it as. If you got another bundle with that name in that path it won't work.

Man I realy sux explaining this ... I hope you get what Im trying to say! :rolleyes:

I will try ..

It WON'T run form a RUN|Command line so ppen a command windows (DOS-box or what ever it's called in english) by clicking START|RUN type cmd then push ENTER.

If your GRAW is installed in C:\Games\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter then the command should look something like this:

"C:\Games\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\tools\bundler" -vvb quick-bundle -r "C:\Games\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\custom_levels\work_temp\my_level" -D "C:\Games\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\custom_levels\my_level.bundle".

So you need the path to the bundler, you can give the whole path or start from that directory. Then you need to tell the bundler where your maps directory is and finaly where it should save your bundle and what you want to save it as. If you got another bundle with that name in that path it won't work.

Man I realy sux explaining this ... I hope you get what Im trying to say! :rolleyes:

Ok i successfully got it to rebundle,but when going to multiplayer and setting up a server to test, it is no where to be found,i can see the bundle in there by looking in the folder but yet i cant see it showing in map list on server.If there is a step that i have missed or you have any ideas please let me know. All i want to do is change the .tga file. Thanks a bunch Johnny for your help..

Edited by FWF.Eraser

The nice thing about re-bundling is that you can easy fix a scripting error and then don't have to render your map again.

Just un-bundle the map, fix the errors and then bundle it again. Saves ALOT of time!

Finally got it rebundled showing the terrain in multiplayer thanks for your help Johnny Hazard...

hidden_camp.jpg

Edited by FWF.Eraser

My brother and I has successfully made terrain but just don't know how to color it correctly (put the graw mud on it, etc) and import it without crashing. Crashes every time. I can successfully use the default files the tutorial gives you and use that example 3ds max file and export it to diesel and it works, but cant use any other terrain without it crashing when i try to p0ut it in.