Map Making Basics...

Cangaroo.TNT

Okay, first I'd like to say I've made over 100 custom maps for Black Hawk Down, and Joint Operations, and this map editor makes me think I'm a total idiot :wall: . So, I have a few questions (I'm trying to make an HH map):

1) The terrain...how do I get one in, or don't I? Do all the black spaces have to be filled in with static units? The tutorial says nothing about placing units on a terrain, nor what to do about blank spaces.

2) How do you guys create a perimeter to prevent players from wandering all over the place? Do you build a fence around the map?

3) The city blocks...are they eye candy only, or can players traverse them?

4) Does your little character guy matter? Can you place a unit on him?

I apologize in advance for being such a noob :wacko: !

The terrain can be placed in 1 of 3 ways. 1) custom ones. make your own and yadda yadda. 2) use the existing ones by doing this http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39117 3) just using the statics to make a map.

You usually just use walls to block people out. If your using a road, use trailers turned over with mover collisions behind them. Stuff like that.

City blocks are eye candy. (if your talking about the big lightly textured block)

The little character guy doesnt matter. Hes there to help you see if you can fit into areas.

Hope those answered your questions.

-Ducky-

the little guy does matter, he is your compass, always spawning north as default,

this gives you a sence of direction for ref.

however, as the ladies will tell you, the size of the little guy doesnt matter :rofl:

sorry that was low.

the terrain must be created and exported from 3dsmax 7 or you could use one of the excisting ones from the game as described in some thread around here somewhere :) there is a tutorial for terrain making in your game tutorial folder!