Winter Cammo

Instead of a new thread...thought I would just ask here....

I modded me and my buddies into the game....and was hoping to add a snow camo option as well.

Not sure how to do this.....I know there is jungle and desert models, but I dont think you can just edit the chr with a <wintermodel>

I am trying to just add a chr to the kit file....I called the original one BEAST and the second SNOWBEAST but SNOWBEAST just comes up as a second BEAST in game....

HACK

I am trying to just add a chr to the kit file....I called the original one BEAST  and the second SNOWBEAST  but SNOWBEAST just comes up as a second BEAST in game....

:blink::blink::blink:

Anyway the best way to have winter camos on game is as done in many mods like Swedish Forces and Frostbite:

trick the game saying that desert maps are in reality winter maps. Thus your environmental file for the map (say December for example) has to be set as Desert :)

I am trying to just add a chr to the kit file....I called the original one BEAST  and the second SNOWBEAST  but SNOWBEAST just comes up as a second BEAST in game....

:blink::blink::blink:

Anyway the best way to have winter camos on game is as done in many mods like Swedish Forces and Frostbite:

trick the game saying that desert maps are in reality winter maps. Thus your environmental file for the map (say December for example) has to be set as Desert :)

I kind of thought the same thing...but what does everyone do when its time to hit the desert?

HACK

Actually makes a lot of sense....but...I have never done a map mod...what is required to change all these maps types? Can it be done as a group...or does it have to be done on an individual basis?

What I was doing...I just made a new WINTER MOD...with its own KIL file.....Just have to activate it in the KIT RESTRICTIONS file.

HACK