alpha channel in rsb

hi, Guys!

Could anybody tell me what is alpha channel for? I tried to create my own kit icons and save them with alpha channel but rsbeditor and GR didn't see them. I use 120mb plugin from IT put to photoshop file. Could You explain me step by step how to save correctly kit icons and other rsbs with alpha channel? thanks for that:)

The way I do it in PSP 7.0 is :

-open the .rsb file in PSP as normall

-goto the Layers mini-screen (usually bottom right of screen) and click on the Channels tab.

-At the bottom of the list is the Alpha 1 channel. Select that and you will see the -kit .rsb file will now change to show the stuff in it.

-Now draw or cut+paste etc in it as normal.

-Remember that the you will need to flick back on forth between the Alpha Channel and another Channel just so you can gauge if the weapon pic your doing remains within the 3 white boxs you normally see in anything but the Alpha Channel.

-You can save as normal even if the Alpha Channel is still selected (just remember to select "Save as ..." a .rsb format ;)

Hope this helps m8