patch problems

Can you give us some details ? EG:

• What is the version of Ghost Recon (launch GR and look in bottom right corner for version number).

• Which of the patches are you trying to install ?

• Did you get your Ghost Recon CD with an MSI graphics card ?

• Have you moved GR since you first installed it, maybe to a different drive/partition ? (the registry will still point to the original location and that is where the patch will try to install it).

• You are using a retail version of GR from a CD and not some copy, yeah ?

• You haven't changed the original .exe file for a "modified" one have you ?

• 9 months later...

I also have the same problem of patch 1.3 not recognizing my game. My answer to the questions would be:

*What is the version of Ghost Recon -v1.0.0.0.

*Which of the patches are you trying to install? -v1.3

*Did you get your Ghost Recon CD with an MSI graphics card ? -No

*Have you moved GR since you first installed it, maybe to a different drive/partition ? -No

*You are using a retail version of GR from a CD and not some copy, yeah ? -Yes

*You haven't changed the original .exe file for a "modified" one have you ? -No

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Which one between 1.2.5.0 and 1.2.10.0 will I install first? Because I have the latter and it still won't detect my game. I even tried 1.1.5.0 and still the same problem :wall:

I don't have any of the expansions installed just the original game. I also tried reinstalling the game to the default directory like some people I asked instructed me to do so.

Hello everyone - just a quick query but after having to buy a new PC (old one bought the farm [and the orchard by the look of it !]).

I need to get the address where I can download the relevant patches to bring a "basic" GR installation up-to-date.

I have GR, SD & IT (plus loads of mods on my old hard drive if I can get it read) so where can I get the 4th patch/do I need the 4th patch ?

Ok, thanks again I'll try to do that.

So I don't need the 1.1.5.0 patch anymore right?

Did you install the addon packs too? Desert Siege and Island thunder, if you did then you'll need patch 1.4

:wacko: I have a silmilar prob as silentscope. I had to uninstall GR to add on my DS & IT but when I tried to install patch v1.4 it says that I needed v1.3 first. I tried to install v1.3 but it stated "You already have a newer version, setup will now exit" What gives? Is it because I previously dl'd the Standard Update mod (this was before I reinstalled)? Thanks in advance, you all that respond so quickly!!