Dummy seeking sound mod help

OzMedia

Well, I liked the idea of Kafee's new Sound Pack and made a mess trying to set it up.

The readme didn't gve any install/extraction options so I just started copying it everywhere (like I said, "Dummy seeking sound mod help") DOH!

I overwrote my origimiss1&2 sounds (gee now I have no sounds except the OOOOH AAAARGH as I die, DOH #2!)

I managed to copy a set of sound files from another PC to restore the origmiss sound files but still do not know where to place this new fantastic sounds file I downloded.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I figured I was quite the GR dude after playing almost every mod found so far but this one has put me back to kindergarten again.

Cheers,

OM

:stupid:

Edited by OzMedia

I assume kafee sound pace comes in long chain of folders, right? If so, it should just go straight into the 'mods' folder. If not, you'll need to make a mod and put all of kafee's files in the sound folder.

(I think this thread may belong in the 'general mod topics' forum.)

Edited by sup

I wasn't sure about the forums, I figured general MOD was for modding help, don't have the time to mod yet.

I looked at technical support but that forum also didn't seem appropriate, apologies for the mispost, it is a MAJOR pet peeve on an IT peer site where I am quite active.

As for the mod itself; there was only ONE folder and all the sounds inside it.

I thought it went into MODS, but thought I would have to select the mod just like any other and it wasn't there, so I started C&P'ing it everywhere.

Thanks for your help, I'll try again.

OM

In that case, make a folder in your mods folder called 'Kafee sound pack' (Or whatever).

Put a text file in it called 'ModsCont', and in the file paste this:

// Mods Contents

NAME "Sound pack"

AUTHOR "Kafee"

SUPPORT ""

VERSION "1.00"

MULTIPLAYER "Server-Client"

Make another folder in your 'Kafee sound pack' folder called 'sound', and enter GR and enable the mod.

Edited by sup

:blink: i just put mine right into the mods folder and activate it when im hosting..but after a while i just took all the sounds and put them in the orgimiss folder..they dont need to go in the mp1 or mp2.Just orgimiss/sounds if you want to overwrite the old ones.

EDIT- i just looked at it..its a zip you only need to dl it.open the zip.goto extract and put the file path to your mods folder..you dont need to do anything other than that. :thumbsup:

Edited by RR_GRT