nightvision

(MP) Forum

Who's actually looked through a pair of NVGs? It depends on what materials the target is wearing. When I went airsofting long ago, I had a look through a pair at this guy in a black SWAT BDU, but the material used reflected IR really well, so he looked like he was wearing white (and seemed to glow slightly), but this was all at close range, so I never got to see anyone for a distance (out of the IR spotlight range).

IT would probably have to be programmed into the RSBs whats hot and whats not, for example in Splinter Cell, the cookers in the houses could be warm. What about wild life? Should GR have deer and bunnies hopping around :wub: ?

I would like to see a neat little tool that I saw on the Discovery channel. It was on one of the shows called Covert Action. A neat little tool that was an infra-red dectector that could see through brush for a short ways and tell the SEAL team what was ahead. Now this shouldn't be the primary NV but it should be a tool.

As for NV it does pick up IR from some types of fabric. But even though it does it doesn't pick up so much that you are lite up like a Christmas tree. I also think the NV needs to be more light reactant. A small source of light can iluminate a large area for someone with NV on. Maybe they will do some good R&D with real life NV and NV for GR2.

That is cool. I just hope that they could posibly give the ghost camo that doesn't reflect IR. Especially snipers. That would make a lot of death matchers out there real unhappy. But who cares. GR2 should be about realism.